NGD: ESP-LTD H-1007FR

• Thread starter frajerik
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

frajerik

Reaction score
Hello, im new here and this is my first 7 string guitar. First i want to tell that this forum is great, found here a lot of information. Guitar sounds great, very chunky tone and i love 7th string :hbang: Now im just waiting for new tube amp. will do some sound clips later with new amp.

just one question: shoudnt be emgs more close to strings?(last pic) on my six they are very close. but sound is great anyways

specs:
Set-Thru Construction
  • 25.5" Scale
  • Mahogany Body
  • Flamed Maple Top
  • Maple Neck
  • Rosewood Fingerboard
  • 48mm Locking Nut
  • Thin U Neck Contour
  • 24 XJ Frets
  • Black Nickel Hardware
  • ESP Tuners
  • Floyd Rose 1000 Series Bridge
  • EMG 81-7 (B) / 707 (N) Active p.u.
  • Finish: STBLK (See Thru Black)

some photos:

ra17o9.jpg

fdsftt.jpg

312e79f.jpg

14v4g3q.jpg

v8mur7.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BabUShka

Reaction score
Very nice! Congrats man.
Usually, I dont like the EMG's on 6ers to be too near the strings, as its too hot for my style. But when it comes to 7 string EMGs, I'd definitly lift them closer to the strings. You can lift them by adjusting the screws. It should give you better punch and still remain tight.
I have the same combo: 81-7 and 707 in my mahogany body Hellraiser, sounds mean as hell.. Enjoy it!

oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
Well that hosting website sure has lewd advertisements...

Regardless HNGD that looks fantastic! (the axe not the ads with phallus)

frajerik

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I reuploaded pics to another server. Will check out pickup height later. I like how it sounds now.

Don Vito

Reaction score
HNGD!

Sometimes, I wish I had bought one of these over my Hellraiser for the 81-7 and the thinner neck.

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
HNGD, if I may ask a stupid question, does the relatively larger headstock cause any neck dive? i.e when you balance the guitar on your leg (while sitting :D), does it tilt downwards?

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Congrats man, that is an outstanding first 7 string. I just purchased the fixed bridge version of this guitar a couple weeks ago and couldn't be happier. Plays like a dream, very close to the quality of my ESP Horizon NT-II

Latest posts

')