NGD: ESP STEF-B8

• Thread starter AlexWadeWC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
Got a new 8 string from ESP, it's the Stef-B8. I was really needing something with a 27" neck because 25.5" on an 8 string is pretty much useless. This guitar is so gorgeous and classy. The craftsmanship on the artist signature series ESPs is really insane, everything on this guitar is perfect (minus the odd neck pickup and EMG 808s hahaha).

Be sure to check out my new ESP LTD H-1007 in the seven string forum as well!

15hc1me.jpg

14cac75.jpg

abpnpz.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jon66

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow looks great man! I've never really noticed how awesome the fret access is on these until your pics! Congratz

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Wow looks great man! I've never really noticed how awesome the fret access is on these until your pics! Congratz

I have a ESP Stef B7 and the fret access on it is seriously the best Ive ever seen. Its even better than my custom ESP! Its ridiculous, especially with the little cutaway. Thats the best 8 string you can buy for sure. No companies are offering a quality 8 with 27" like this one. Congrats on that. ESP are hooking you up!! How are you liking the 808's? Im gonna bug Scott Ferrara about them doing an 81-8 pickup. I dont hate the 808 though.

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
I have a ESP Stef B7 and the fret access on it is seriously the best Ive ever seen. Its even better than my custom ESP! Its ridiculous, especially with the little cutaway. Thats the best 8 string you can buy for sure. No companies are offering a quality 8 with 27" like this one. Congrats on that. ESP are hooking you up!! How are you liking the 808's? Im gonna bug Scott Ferrara about them doing an 81-8 pickup. I dont hate the 808 though.

Hahaha trust me, we were telling him they need to do an 81-8 in 2009 on Mayhem when we met up with him. I think the tighter low end and sharper qualities of the 81 would be better suited for the 8 strings. I don't HATE the 808's either, but I would much prefer an 81-8 or 8 string Aftermaths.

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
looks awesome! lets see it get put to good use for a next album...? ;)

whats the huge difference between the 808's or these "81-8's" that you speak of?

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Where is this ESP Custom you spoke of last year? :squint:

Tobi

Reaction score
Happy NGD,
how do you like the neck pickup being pretty much in middle position? what sort of pros and cons does it have to it? I never really got why they do that..

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
If you don't like the EMG's 18V mod them before you change, and then I'd probably give the 808-X a go. There won't be an 81-8 as such because the 808 isn't an 85-8 like the 707 is, it's just a name I believe.

Yeah 18V will give much more clarity, the 808X sounds more like a passive. I hate EMG's, but I've made mine in my 2228 work for me :yesway:

I love ESP and the Stef B8 is so ridiculously cool. Happy NGD dude.

Dvaienat

Reaction score
Very classy guitar, congrats.

What happened to the CS Tele 7 you had in the works?

rogrotten

Reaction score
dude if someone steals that guitar at the anaheim stop of the summer slaughter........ it wasn't me......:evil:

Last edited:

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
love those, just wish they weren't all black. that old green stef B7 was so pretty. this as an 8 and i couldn't help myself anymore.

enjoy the new axes, dude! :hbang:

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
Inbefore someone asserts that the E1 on each of my three 25.5" 8-strings is useless....

I was really needing something with a 27" neck because 25.5" on an 8 string is pretty much useless.

Aw... ninja'd in the very first post!

*laugh*

Looks pretty! I would have gone for one of these, but I didn't care for the pickup placement. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

stevo1

ClearTrack Studios
Reaction score
Blackouts have more mids than the emgs, and more low end. To me, they sound like an emg 81, but hotter, and with more mids/ lows. The high end is similar I find. As in aggressive, grindy, ect.

')