NGD - ESP USA Custom Aqua Quilt MH - EMG/OFR... DCGL

• Thread starter rob_l
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nick1

Reaction score
Woah!! Nice ESP(S)!

Rob -
I actually got to play set up one of those newer Charvels with the Dimarzios TZ and EVO and the Non-Recessed Floyd in a tangerine finish. Pretty cool playing guitar. I saw in another thread that you have several of these. The only thing that pissed me off was the lack of easy access to do a truss rod adjustment. I Fucking HATE having to take the neck off to adjust the truss rod! EVERYTHING else on those guitars is upgraded!! So whats with the very old school truss rod access?!?! Are they all like that? Why cant everyone go with the EBMM method?

End of Rant!!!! :mad:

:lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ultraworld

Luthier A Holic
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Kevin, Rob's Tech/good friend/brother in arms. You have to pick these up to really appreciate them. they are light as a feather. The details are spotless. The price is ultra reasonable considering the quality. For big strings, low tunings the Caparisons would be my first choice. For 9's or 10's tuned standard or a step down, these ESP's are king.

rob_l

Reaction score
^ Yeah - They really are the perfect weight. Like you said, the mahogany is "airy" and even seems MORE resonant because of it. The quartersawn, bolt-ons are just magical, the tops are awesome and the build quality really couldnt possibly be any better. Even though they havent gotten their setups yet they play effortlessly and just generally have a level of fit and finish left for ESPs in the $4k range. So, to me, $1,799 is a STEAL for a USA assembled and finished ESP is just unadulterated, pure, distilled, 100 proof WIN... lol ;)

This time Jason paid the overnight shipping ($120), which was pretty cool. :lol::agreed:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm usually not a fan of green guitars but that has a nice rich colour, nice score :)

Vstro

Reaction score
:holy:This is just becoming too much. I would more than likely kill for your collection of guitars

rob_l

Reaction score
I'm usually not a fan of green guitars but that has a nice rich colour, nice score :)

The other MH that's still available is more of a blue-ish "aqua" curly that doesnt have as nice a top.

A friend of mine, Bart at Carvin has been getting into PhotoShop lately. He saw these pics and did these composites... I call the Red Quilt Eclipse my Lava Box so it's on FI-UHHH!!! lol

The fruits of Mr Stulls boredom.... :shred:

1.jpg

2.jpg

IDLE

Reaction score
Hey can I borrow your car on Tuesday, again?

Thanks!

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
swap the bridges on the other ESP and I'll take it! :yesway:

gorgeous top/finish

BenInKY

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Rob, nice guitars! I was going to ask how much an ESP custom cost, as I found some form online and the build I wanted was pretty simple and it came to like $8K!

I'm getting a custom warrior. The thread link is in my signature. I saw that you had a blue Isabella in your collection that I thought had a really cool finish. Can you tell me what that was called? I might get it on mine...

rob_l

Reaction score
This one is a NewOldStock USA Custom - $1,799 at DCGL but I got the last one lol... Phew! Lucky. ;)

The Warrior Single Isa is in Whale Blue flame. The one next to it in the pics is the same guitar, but in Honey Burst flame. :) Cant fucking wait to see another one. Not a lot of people are packin' Warriors. Or a gaggle of them in my case... :lol::shred:

Pickles.... For those not familiar with the finished product. lol

Black Knight, Honey Burst, Whale Blue, Tiger Eye Flamed Redwood, Gen X -- Double Cuts: Gen X, Purple Heart, Zebrawood, Charcoal, Aztec Gold

l_db0738e0e51fe66e8483c9885a24e090.jpg

l_e11477a0639a4826b05e2b9cebb180d8.jpg

l_68c90dce7a154a539e5d47e3342b3d1c.jpg

')