NGD! Explorer content.

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
That is a hot mess.

Ok story time:

Once upon a time I had a bass guitar with straplocks. I was just standing in my practice space, no strange things. All of a sudden my bass comes crashing down on the ground, turns out the straplocks just came falling out, screw and all! Since that time I've taped all my guitars since I tend to be pretty active on stage. No guitar has fallen down since.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MajorTom

Supreme Being
Reaction score
Ok story time:

Once upon a time I had a bass guitar with straplocks. I was just standing in my practice space, no strange things. All of a sudden my bass comes crashing down on the ground, turns out the straplocks just came falling out, screw and all! Since that time I've taped all my guitars since I tend to be pretty active on stage. No guitar has fallen down since.

And that is why I use the o-rings that come with every bottle of Grolsch lager, it's not that I enjoy the taste of the stuff or anything, but it's because there are no moving parts to fail in their straplocks.

Well that's what I tell my Girlfriend, she hasn't worked out yet that Fender sell them in packs of four - two red and two black in a pack, for less than a third of what one bottle of Grolsch lager costs, and you need to buy two bottles to get a pair of their straplock o-rings.

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
And that is why I use the o-rings that come with every bottle of Grolsch lager, it's not that I enjoy the taste of the stuff or anything, but it's because there are no moving parts to fail in their straplocks.

Well that's what I tell my Girlfriend, she hasn't worked out yet that Fender sell them in packs of four - two red and two black in a pack, for less than a third of what one bottle of Grolsch lager costs, and you need to buy two bottles to get a pair of their straplock o-rings.

Haha yeah I used to use those as well, I haven't drunk grolsch for a long time as I don't really like it and I lost the ones I had. So tape it is. It also goes well with the aesthetic I'm going for :cool:

(that's all just a sad excuse for my laziness)

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
White 'splorers are always good. Congrats!

What's the story on that Marlboro amp?

I got it from my uncle when I was 14 or something. It's a g20r from the early 80's if I'm correct. A cool solid state practice amp that sounds great for blues and jazz. It's also great with a big muff in front. Don't really use it that often nowadays but it's just nice to have sitting around in case I feel the blues coming up.

Reaction score
I also bought this guitar due to my love of metallica (The previous owner even put the cool middle finger fret marker covers on the neck that James had on his custom. Vinyl stickers sure, but look damn cool), and a similar story. Saw the thing staring at me at a pawnshop. Talked them down to around 400 or 450, w/ the case. I was having the same issue w/ the placement of the top strap button not holding my strap, but easily remedied by a quick DIY w/ the drill. Moved it to the back behind the neck pocket and now have not had any issues since. Congrats on the new guitar.

Thanatopsis

Reaction score
i absolutely love that amp to death. sucks about yours getting stolen man :( you ever thought about just buying another one? they aren't that expensive.
Yeah, it definitely sucks. Same person stole my 96 Les Paul Studio who I thought was a friend. Though I didn't get my things back, I at least got some serious revenge. I'll pick up another one at some point. Probably get a 60 next time though, the 120 was just too loud. For now though I'm loving my current setup of a Rockmaster and Classic 60/60.

Just curious, what did you pay for the 60? I got my 120 back in 97 at Daddys Junky Music in Dedham, MA for $200. They were great stores that I'm sure Boston area people remember, sucks they don't exist anymore.

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
Yeah, it definitely sucks. Same person stole my 96 Les Paul Studio who I thought was a friend. Though I didn't get my things back, I at least got some serious revenge. I'll pick up another one at some point. Probably get a 60 next time though, the 120 was just too loud. For now though I'm loving my current setup of a Rockmaster and Classic 60/60.

Just curious, what did you pay for the 60? I got my 120 back in 97 at Daddys Junky Music in Dedham, MA for $200. They were great stores that I'm sure Boston area people remember, sucks they don't exist anymore.

I paid €350 for it. This is in Europe though, where these amps are pretty rare. It was the only one I ever saw in my two year search for one.

Latest posts

')