NGD:Fakemachine B2 (COPY MACHINE CONTENT)

• Thread starter Scotty1073
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Awesome guitar. Congrats.

I wonder how the Blackmachine dude feels about all of these copies.

There seem to be some pretty decent luthiers who make exact copies of Blackmachines while the Blackmachine guy seems to be content with the amount of instruments he makes (I think he does some closed/blind bidding thing to drive up the price?). At this point if you don't really care about the fancy backplate it seems a copy is at least within reach.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

goldsteinat0r

Zib Zob Zabbity
Reaction score
Awesome guitar. Congrats.

I wonder how the Blackmachine dude feels about all of these copies.

There seem to be some pretty decent luthiers who make exact copies of Blackmachines while the Blackmachine guy seems to be content with the amount of instruments he makes (I think he does some closed/blind bidding thing to drive up the price?).

There wouldn't be demand for these if he hadn't stopped taking orders / had massive lead times. The butthurt on this board is astonishing. lol

Scotty1073

Reaction score
Sweet!!! that is awesome. Can you tell us how much is set you back?

the build + next day shipping was right around 1850 USD. I shouldn't neglect to mention that this guitar took the greater part of 5 months to finally be delivered to me. A lot of logistical and communication issues arose delaying the build process a few times, but nonetheless, I am in love.

craigny

Winning...duh
Reaction score
the build + next day shipping was right around 1850 USD. I shouldn't neglect to mention that this guitar took the greater part of 5 months to finally be delivered to me. A lot of logistical and communication issues arose delaying the build process a few times, but nonetheless, I am in love.
Well it looks F**in awesome...enjoy brother!

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score

Scotty1073

Reaction score
man some of you guys really know how to put the ka-bosh on a good thread. I see one of the mods fucked with my thread title, which is really cool....

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're welcome friend. :hbang:

You know, just trying to diffuse the major problem a lot of "butt-hurt" folks have and telling them to not give you a hard time. Oh well.

kreaturesleeper

Reaction score
Beautiful guitar. Amazes me how people find themselves "inconvenienced" by having to click a mouse and scroll down to see the actual specs. "Thanks for wasting 12 seconds of my time OP, I could have spent it not playing guitar like I was doing in the first place"

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
There wouldn't be demand for these if he hadn't stopped taking orders / had massive lead times. The butthurt on this board is astonishing. lol

It has nothing to do with butthurt.

Do you want to buy a Squier or a Fender Custom Shop?

The choice is yours'.

THe only people that get butthurt and bitch over Blackmachine are the people that don't have them. Ever notice that? Ever hear a BM owner bitch about Doug?

Point made.

cg138

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with butthurt.

Do you want to buy a Squier or a Fender Custom Shop?

The choice is yours'.

THe only people that get butthurt and bitch over Blackmachine are the people that don't have them. Ever notice that? Ever hear a BM owner bitch about Doug?

Point made.

It's just obnoxious coming from the point of view that I have, every time something like a BM is mentioned you seem to spring up and constantly have a very upstanding opinion on the matter.

I've been on the forums for some time now, and you seem to have owned a few BM's and have a few on order. But other than you or HighGain, everyone else seemed pretty stoked on the man's new instrument, which is all this is. I don't think you owning/played a few of those BM's doesn't give you the intellectual insight to discredit a brand's credibility based on the aesthetic of an instrument.

For all we know this guitar can play as good, as a BM. Being careful with the wordplay so no one gets offended there, truly I don't care about the BM look. It's all about how an instrument sounds, with playability coming closely behind, and aesthetics coming in last.

On the topic of the thread title however, looks like the majority of people who posted in here don't mind. Especially since it's clearly stated that it's a copy in the OP, and I don't see any damage being done past that besides a hit to a couple of egos on the forums :lol:

Lastly, why don't you drop the argument? This isn't the time and place for a discussion on Tiered Instrument Quality, there's people out there touring with some amazing Epiphones and Squires, the name on the headstock, who built it, and the "description" of it's process into creation will mean more to some and less to others. Undeniably a Squire and Fender are not equal, but you're making an disproportional comparison as both official BM's and this were both handmade, and by creating your S vs F point's only purpose seems to diminish the quality of an instrument you have zero experience with. The builder built this and is most likely very proud of it, I wouldn't be surprised if he were offended by your comments.

I'll be crass for a moment and say that reading the complaints from you and others complaining doesn't make for a very welcoming experience in an otherwise great community that brings together various musical tastes and preferences in musical instruments into a single location that isn't completely occupied by idiots with overly loud opinions.

Now Scotty! Welcome to the community brother!

That looks like a killer guitar, glad you're happy with it. I'm falling in love with how much of a contrast the dark and brighter colors mesh on it. Post some sound clips of it!

Polythoral

Hipster Mustaine
Reaction score
I'm impressed that people are still getting more pretentious and full of themselves than they were before on these forums. Butts seem to be hurt in every thread.

Anyways, sick guitar dude! Looks really nice, a very accurate copy. Love ebony tops.

Demiurge

Reaction score
Supporting the NGD. Apparently the thread title was initially misleading, but aside from that, no harm done.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
That turned out really well. There must be more BM copies than actual ones nowadays., thats demand for you.

So much for that luthier stopping BM copies early last year though.

How does the maple body sound?

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
It's just obnoxious coming from the point of view that I have, every time something like a BM is mentioned you seem to spring up and constantly have a very upstanding opinion on the matter.

I've been on the forums for some time now, and you seem to have owned a few BM's and have a few on order. But other than you or HighGain, everyone else seemed pretty stoked on the man's new instrument, which is all this is. I don't think you owning/played a few of those BM's doesn't give you the intellectual insight to discredit a brand's credibility based on the aesthetic of an instrument.

For all we know this guitar can play as good, as a BM. Being careful with the wordplay so no one gets offended there, truly I don't care about the BM look. It's all about how an instrument sounds, with playability coming closely behind, and aesthetics coming in last.

On the topic of the thread title however, looks like the majority of people who posted in here don't mind. Especially since it's clearly stated that it's a copy in the OP, and I don't see any damage being done past that besides a hit to a couple of egos on the forums :lol:

Lastly, why don't you drop the argument? This isn't the time and place for a discussion on Tiered Instrument Quality, there's people out there touring with some amazing Epiphones and Squires, the name on the headstock, who built it, and the "description" of it's process into creation will mean more to some and less to others. Undeniably a Squire and Fender are not equal, but you're making an disproportional comparison as both official BM's and this were both handmade, and by creating your S vs F point's only purpose seems to diminish the quality of an instrument you have zero experience with. The builder built this and is most likely very proud of it, I wouldn't be surprised if he were offended by your comments.

I'll be crass for a moment and say that reading the complaints from you and others complaining doesn't make for a very welcoming experience in an otherwise great community that brings together various musical tastes and preferences in musical instruments into a single location that isn't completely occupied by idiots with overly loud opinions.

Now Scotty! Welcome to the community brother!

That looks like a killer guitar, glad you're happy with it. I'm falling in love with how much of a contrast the dark and brighter colors mesh on it. Post some sound clips of it!

It's stated as a copy now. Please stop. Just. Stop.

And the luthier didn't want his name brought up. Read the thread.

I am certainly not arguing this issue anymore.

It was originally being touted as a Blackmachine.

HNGD man! Hope you enjoy it!

cg138

Reaction score
Either way, no qualms with you if that's what it seems like, but I just think the thread could have done without the posts.

And agreed Max, thanks for setting the title straight.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
cg138 said:
But other than you or HighGain, everyone else seemed pretty stoked on the man's new instrument, which is all this is.

I'll thank you to not lump me in as a hater of the guitar. I think the guitar itself looks very nice, go back and re-read my posts, I never stated anything to the contrary. The only issue I had was with the way it was presented (which has now been changed), the guitar itself looks like it is well-built so I'm not trying to crap on the guy's NGD by any means, so my apologies there. :wavey:

Scotty1073

Reaction score
That turned out really well. There must be more BM copies than actual ones nowadays., thats demand for you.

So much for that luthier stopping BM copies early last year though.

How does the maple body sound?

My decision to have a maple bodied guitar was a bit of a controversy amongst my guitarist buddies, haha. Everyone of course was like ' maple is too bright for body wood...its too heavy....theres not enough low end....blahblahblah', I was very confident in my decision to have a maple body, mainly because I would be counter-balancing its brighter tonality with all other darker/warmer woods that the guitar is made up of. It was a new approach for me, but it worked out incredibly well I must say.

Latest posts

')