NGD:Fakemachine B2 (COPY MACHINE CONTENT)

• Thread starter Scotty1073
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

goldsteinat0r

Zib Zob Zabbity
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with butthurt.

Do you want to buy a Squier or a Fender Custom Shop?

The choice is yours'.

THe only people that get butthurt and bitch over Blackmachine are the people that don't have them. Ever notice that? Ever hear a BM owner bitch about Doug?

Point made.

I usually try not to engage people on this board (especially in someone's NGD thread) but you're being an elitist prick about this even if you aren't a Blackmachine owner. I also really don't want the OP thinking this board is full of people who will jump all over a $2000 guitar and denounce it because it is a copy of The Sacred Blackmachine B2.

A Blackmachine is a guitar and nothing more. An axe can be built to the exact same specs by another highly skilled luthier and your average very skilled guitarist could probably not tell the difference.

Your Fender CS/Custom Shop analogy isn't accurate in my mind. To me this would be the equivalent of having a high end strat copy made and posting it up as a "Fender", which I would care equally little about even being a Fender fanboy in my own right. As long as nobody tries to scam someone by selling it as a Fender and demanding more for it because of the fact, I don't see where's he doing anything wrong.

Blackmachine owners are just pissed because they spent $Texas on their guitar and guys like the OP see an opportunity to get a similar level of quality for less money and suddenly they're ruining it for everyone.

I'm sure you're a nice person, but there is a shocking amount of brand elitism in this community and its a huge turn off.

Inb4"lol you don't understand."

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
OP, is the body heavy? It's a pretty thin guitar, but I was curious anyway with it being maple.

Also, when I buy an Agile Les Paul or an Ibanez LP, should I make sure to put "GIBSON LES PAUL COPY" in my thread title? I wouldn't want to offend anyone by accidentally implying I had REAL Les Paul.

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
It's just obnoxious coming from the point of view that I have, every time something like a BM is mentioned you seem to spring up and constantly have a very upstanding opinion on the matter.

I've been on the forums for some time now, and you seem to have owned a few BM's and have a few on order. But other than you or HighGain, everyone else seemed pretty stoked on the man's new instrument, which is all this is. I don't think you owning/played a few of those BM's doesn't give you the intellectual insight to discredit a brand's credibility based on the aesthetic of an instrument.

For all we know this guitar can play as good, as a BM. Being careful with the wordplay so no one gets offended there, truly I don't care about the BM look. It's all about how an instrument sounds, with playability coming closely behind, and aesthetics coming in last.

On the topic of the thread title however, looks like the majority of people who posted in here don't mind. Especially since it's clearly stated that it's a copy in the OP, and I don't see any damage being done past that besides a hit to a couple of egos on the forums :lol:

Lastly, why don't you drop the argument? This isn't the time and place for a discussion on Tiered Instrument Quality, there's people out there touring with some amazing Epiphones and Squires, the name on the headstock, who built it, and the "description" of it's process into creation will mean more to some and less to others. Undeniably a Squire and Fender are not equal, but you're making an disproportional comparison as both official BM's and this were both handmade, and by creating your S vs F point's only purpose seems to diminish the quality of an instrument you have zero experience with. The builder built this and is most likely very proud of it, I wouldn't be surprised if he were offended by your comments.

I'll be crass for a moment and say that reading the complaints from you and others complaining doesn't make for a very welcoming experience in an otherwise great community that brings together various musical tastes and preferences in musical instruments into a single location that isn't completely occupied by idiots with overly loud opinions.

Now Scotty! Welcome to the community brother!

That looks like a killer guitar, glad you're happy with it. I'm falling in love with how much of a contrast the dark and brighter colors mesh on it. Post some sound clips of it!

You are more than welcome to PM me if you want to talk bro, but we should not let this turn into a rag on the guy's thread.:hbang:

Scotty1073

Reaction score
OP, is the body heavy? It's a pretty thin guitar, but I was curious anyway with it being maple.

Also, when I buy an Agile Les Paul or an Ibanez LP, should I make sure to put "GIBSON LES PAUL COPY" in my thread title? I wouldn't want to offend anyone by accidentally implying I had REAL Les Paul.

not at all man, its pretty evenly weighted. id say about 8-9 lbs if I had to guess.

jl-austin

Reaction score
I saw the thread post fakemachine change. Don't want to comment on that, its been covered!

What an awesome guitar though! Wow!

asher

So Did We
Reaction score

Well, except the Agiles and Ibanez LP style models have their own model names to call them by :fawk:

Awesome looking guitar, dude! Happy NGD!

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
But can it djonk?

Er...

Djunt?

Whatever...

HNGD meng and welcome abeard.

Evil Weasel

Reaction score
So much for that luthier stopping BM copies early last year though.
It was supposed to be at the end of last year he stopped doing these. AFAIK that is still the plan but there have been issues which prevented that and I am sure is also the reason why guitars ordered at that time were delayed so much.

Anyway happy NGD to OP. Looks great. I'm guessing you didn't opt for chambering? That probably would have made it very light.

wakjob

Reaction score
I wonder how the Blackmachine dude feels about all of these copies.

He should be flattered.

And if not, he should learn how to scale up his business to met the demand for his creation.

I'm sorry. Did that sound too capitalist?... oh, well.

Nice guitar none the less. How does that maple body sound?

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
Looks so much like the real deal. Copy as it may be, ebony tops are sex.

JLocrian

Reaction score
That looks beyond awesome bro! Don't listen to these guys, you've got an absolutely killer guitar! Congrats :hbang:

Mysticlamp

Ripplesprint
Reaction score
Someday blackmachine style guitars will be everwhere like how everyone has their own strat or LP, who cares what brand it is, who the copied etc. If you have an original that is freakin awesome for you, let everyone else just enjoy what they have/ like.

Enjoy the guitar man, it looks amazing

Fluxx

Reaction score
Someday blackmachine style guitars will be everwhere like how everyone has their own strat or LP, who cares what brand it is, who the copied etc. If you have an original that is freakin awesome for you, let everyone else just enjoy what they have/ like.

Enjoy the guitar man, it looks amazing

Well said, HNGD OP!

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
An axe can be built to the exact same specs by another highly skilled luthier and your average very skilled guitarist could probably not tell the difference.

You compare blackmachines to blackmachine copies often? Because if you haven't, you wouldn't have any point of reference to say that. Apologies if you have this experience, but it's typically safe to assume people don't.

There's a lot more to luthiery than making a guitar look a certain way. Doug obviously puts a lot of thought and intent into his builds - otherwise he could put out more than 3 a year. Does that difference translate into something a player would notice, appreciate, or even prefer? I don't know. But blackmachine threads could probably do with less armchair opinions from both side of the fence -- both the "Blackmachines are like the best guitars ever. No I haven't played one but Bulb plays them." and the "Any decent luthier can clone a blackmachine exactly, for less money, in less time. No, I haven't played a blackmachine or a clone, but I know these two things are equivalent. Because."

But congrats to the OP. It's not likely Doug would ever build a maple-bodied guitar anyway, which is sort of a shame since blackmachines are so thin, and maple is fantastically aggressive, but quite heavy. Those ESP kamikazes are seriously heavy guitars.

rekab

Reaction score
lots of words

You're sideline judging just as much as the others by assuming this mans copy (and any others) didn't have a serious amount of thought/love/care/skill put into it. The OP just wants to share his gear and we all need to respect that

Back on topic: Great looking guitar OP

Latest posts

')