NGD: Fakemachine B7 - Blackmachine copy

• Thread starter ice_age_magic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ice_age_magic

That's what she said
Reaction score
Some of you may have seen this already, but I purchased it last week and wanted to post it for those who maybe haven't seen.

I'd like to start by saying - I've owned a Blackmachine B6 and played a B2 numerous times. So I know what a real blackmachine plays like.

This guitar was made as a copy of a B7 by a luthier in the UK who made a number of BM copies. All I can say is WOW. He certainly hit the nail on the head. I know a lot of people will give some hateful replies to this, but - I like this BM copy more than the B6 I owned as well as the B2 I played. It resonates very well unplugged, has an extremely flat neck (kind of like a cross between an ibanez and the Dean rusty cooley sig in feel).

The guitar sounds HUGE even with the thin body. The way it resonates while playing cleans puts my Caparisons/Ibanez/Washburns to shame. The only guitar I can compare it to tonally is a Musicman JPX. Though, I always felt my JPX was a bit bulky and I never felt comfortable with a non-slanted headstock.
I always pick up 7's and find things that arent quite the way I'd like, and have never felt 100% happy until now. This is it, my extended range GAS is over. My new stage guitar has been found, and I couldn't be happier.

I used my phone camera - apologies, enjoy

image.jpg

image-1.jpg

image-3.jpg

image-4.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-7.jpg

image-6.jpg

image-5.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Discoqueen

Dang tootin
Reaction score
Looks sweet, man! My my what a sick top! Hngd!!!

Posted from Sevenstring.org App for Android

thealexkelley

Reaction score
who cares what other people say about your guitar? its badass and since you love it that makes it all the better! HNGD dude!

Vicious7

Vegetables
Reaction score
I'm sorry but the only thing I don't like about this is that it isn't mine.... :lol: HNGD!!!

You mentioned that your ERG gas is over, is this guitar a baritone?

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Wow, the never-before-seen informed opinion on blackmachine vs. blackmachine copy. I thought they were extinct! Interesting to know.

ice_age_magic

That's what she said
Reaction score
I'm sorry but the only thing I don't like about this is that it isn't mine.... :lol: HNGD!!!

You mentioned that your ERG gas is over, is this guitar a baritone?

it's 25.5 inch scale. I don't like anything bigger since i switch between guitars a lot, and I don't have the largest hands : / By extended range I mean't having an extra string. Maybe I misused that term..

Am I really the first person to compare this vs a real BM?
Don't get me wrong, the B6 I had was an amazing guitar, but I like the way this B7 copy purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs when you play chords. You can feel it resonating, yet it doesn't make it sound muddy when plugged in. The B2 I tried sounded just as good though, and had a nicer bridge... but for like 6 times the price, I'll pass on that. :lol:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Care to divulge who the luthier was? I was gonna guess Marty, but it sounded like it was someone we're not famiar with.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Check the footnote on the OP's posts.
Nice looking guit-box!

Vicious7

Vegetables
Reaction score
it's 25.5 inch scale. I don't like anything bigger since i switch between guitars a lot, and I don't have the largest hands : / By extended range I mean't having an extra string. Maybe I misused that term..

You're not the only one who considers an extended range anything more than a 6 string guitar :lol: Extended range to me means more notes, adding another string does that amongst other things.

Anyway. HNGD! :yesway:

Evil Weasel

Reaction score

Syriel

owns a .strandberg*
Reaction score
And I thought I got over the wanting 'blackmachine' style guitars phase...

Fuck.

Dibs! ( Though I know you won't let it go as you said your GAS is over thanks to this guitar )

:lol:

Oh. HNGD! :cheers:

Latest posts

')