NGD - Fanned Fret 8 String JAZZMASTER

• Thread starter androidkaita
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
glorious. do the strings mount on top? I was expecting ferrules on the back :shrug:

:scratch:

Beautiful guitar! I was surprised by a number of things, including the comment above, and the two-bold neck, and the truss rod access. It looks to me like the ball ends of the strings are under the saddles, but above the baseplate of the bridge, from the first photo you posted. I didn't see that as first.

androidkaita

Reaction score
Yeah the two-bolt neck and truss rod in the fret are things that always get a weird look haha.

The two bolt system is supposedly just as strong, if not stronger than the standard four bolt neck joint that is more common. Also, the neck actually slides into the body as well as the neck pocket, so it acts as kind of a combination of a set-neck and bolt on.

The truss rod in the fret is placed there because normal truss rod placements apparently put unnecessary force on the heel or are too short.

And yes the strings mount underneath each individual saddle!

A-Branger

Reaction score
beutiful looking guitar man. Really digging the color palete you chose, specially with the white pups.

but.... that headstock needed binding ;)

androidkaita

Reaction score
I did a little video showing off the specs and a very short sound clip test as well, check it out here:

https://youtu.be/eEoH3Q02KI4

I will do a proper review in a month or so after I have had the guitar for awhile so it will be more of a fair review and not like "OMG THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER CUZ I JUST GOT IT HELL YES"

')