NGD Fender JM Sig!

Taylord

Reaction score
Hey guys, pretty excited on my new guit. I've been in market for a strat for a while now, and having tried a few models, I decided I wanted to go for a Mayer Sig. One came up for sale from a guy who lived a couple hours away, so I made the trip to check it out and picked it up. Pics!

I really like the aesthetics of it, it's very different from the rest of my guitars. I liked that it doesn't really scream Sig Model, but fans will obviously know. The 9 1/2" Radius feels really good on this. Makes playing notes with the thumb feel pretty natural. This is my only guitar that has a Satin Neck as opposed to Tung Oiled and I really like it. The Big Dipper Pups have a really cool sound to them. They have a lot of clarity and attack, especially for percussive style fingerpicking. The only thing I'm not a fan of on this guitar is where the truss rod adjustment screw is. The other Strats I've played have been MIM and I can tell the level of quality is very apparent on this one. Just feels more well put together. Overall I'm really pleased with this guitar and hope to get some clips with it soon. Thanks for reading!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gforce54

Touring Car Champion
Reaction score
Beautiful guitar man! The John Mayer sigs are sick, I've always wanted to pick one up since I first played one. Sadly, they just stopped making them, so If I were you, I'd hold on to that guitar for a while. Who knows, it could be the last of its kind.

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
Strats....... what's not to love..... Mmmmm :drool:

Very happy NGD!

Haun

Reaction score
Congrats. I respect John for stepping up and saying that he can't support Fender anymore. Takes guts to do that to such a big brand.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Congrats. I respect John for stepping up and saying that he can't support Fender anymore. Takes guts to do that to such a big brand.

Yeah, those millionaires with huge followings with brands BEGGING them to be an artist must have some balls of steel to turn down a guitar brand. :rofl:

Haun

Reaction score
Yeah, those millionaires with huge followings with brands BEGGING them to be an artist must have some balls of steel to turn down a guitar brand. :rofl:

What I mean is that fender has been such a major part of his sound and image, and he will forever be associated with fender, but he takes an active step away because he can't support the way they do business anymore.
That's like telling that great friend of yours that you're always seen with, that you just can't hang around him anymore because of the way he's become. And to me it means even more BECAUSE he can pick and choose any brand in the world to endorse.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What I mean is that fender has been such a major part of his sound and image, and he will forever be associated with fender, but he takes an active step away because he can't support the way they do business anymore.
That's like telling that great friend of yours that you're always seen with, that you just can't hang around him anymore because of the way he's become. And to me it means even more BECAUSE he can pick and choose any brand in the world to endorse.

I get what you're saying, but let's not forget that a huge part of his fan base doesn't play guitar, they don't care what he plays.

I'd also argue that his sound is his, Fender or not. :2c:

')