NGD: Fender Limited Edition FSR American Pro Strat HSS w/ Roasted Maple Neck - Daphne Bl

• Thread starter AkiraSpectrum
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
WHAT DID I DO?

Recently stumbled across a Limited Edition FSR that seems to be for the Canadian and European markets. I've been GASing for a good quality instrument with a roasted maple neck for awhile and this popped up in my local music store. Played it and felt great. Traditional Strats have never been my thing (based on features, bridge, knob placements, etc.) but this one just really spoke to me. Seeing that I didn't have much money to my name and I felt like I needed to grab this before someone else did, I traded in my ESP EII Mystique that I got last year (used for a really good price). The EII Mystique was a wicked guitar but it was my highest value guitar and the one I had the least emotional bond with so I decided to part with it. The trade-in value was roughly what I purchased it for so I figured the offer was fair in my situation and this Fender was just speaking to me with its sexy Roasted Maple Neck and Daphne Blue color (fave Fender color). The Roasted Maple and Mint Green pickguard make it look like an old vintage instrument while still looking modern and new--LOVE IT.

-Build quality is good (typical Fender Am Pro), not as good as the EII Mystique, but I prefer the neck shape and overall feel of the neck on the Fender.
-Shawbucker isn't as bad as I thought it would be. It's very bassy (although it is fairly quick and responsive) so I just have to drop the bass from around noon to 10'oclock and kick up the treble and the tones are actually quite good--I prefer them to the Duncan JB I had in the EII Mystique. This is my first Fender and first guitar with a single coil in the neck--it's nice to have some variety, and position 4 (both single coils) sounds super cool.
-Setup is quite good, although I'll probably drop the string height by a hair.
-Roasted Maple Neck = AWESOME. Satin finish on the back of the neck and on the fingerboard. The Deep C is thick without being 'chunky' or 'baseball-batty'. Overall very comfortable and fun to play o
-The hard case is probably one of the best cases (overall) I've touched. Looks killer, amazingly comfortable and sturdy handle and latches.
-After 30 minutes or so of playing I quickly acclimated to the volume knob placement and the bent vintage bridge saddles which is great. I thought i'd have to wait and buy modern saddles and move the volume knob and ditch a tone, but for the most part it's not as much of a hindrance as I had figured.
-The music store gives you a 'free setup' so i'll be taking it back soon to get it fitted with 10-46 gauge strings and have them lock down the bridge to the body since I'm not really into trem-stuff and want to go from E-standard to Drop D without having to re-tune everything.

SPECS:

Limited Edition American Professional Stratocaster HSS w/ Roasted Maple Neck - Daphne Blue

MODEL NAME: Limited Edition Roasted Blues American Professional Stratocaster® HSS, Roasted Maple Fingerboard, Daphne Blue
SERIES: American Professional
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA
COLOUR: Daphne Blue
BODY: Alder
BODY FINISH: Gloss Polyurethane
BODY SHAPE: Stratocaster®
NECK MATERIAL: Roasted Maple
NECK FINISH: Satin Urethane Finish
NECK SHAPE: Modern "Deep C"
SCALE LENGTH: 25.5" (648 mm)
FINGERBOARD: Rosewood
FINGERBOARD RADIUS: 9.5" (241 mm)
NUMBER OF FRETS: 22
FRETS SIZE: Narrow Tall
STRING NUT: Bone
NUT WIDTH: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
POSITION INLAYS: Black Dots
TRUSS RODS: Bi-Flex™
TRUSS ROD WRENCH: 1/8" Hex (Allen)
BRIDGE PICKUP: Shawbucker™ 1
MIDDLE PICKUP: V-Mod Single-Coil Strat®
NECK PICKUP: V-Mod Single-Coil Strat®
CONTROLS: Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
PICKUP SWITCHING: 5-Position Blade - Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
PICKUP CONFIGURATION: HSS
BRIDGE: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles and Pop-In Tremolo Arm
HARDWARE FINISH: Nickel/Chrome
TUNING MACHINES: Fender® Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
PICKGUARD: 3-Ply Mint
CONTROL KNOBS: Aged White Plastic
STRINGS: Fender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: Elite Moulded Case

ECsJaA0WkAc22oV

ECsJaA3XoAAKXXQ

ECsJaA0WwAE7YB6

ECsJaA4XsAM_vt-

ECsJfpZWsAAlUrM

ECsJfqVXsAAM7zR

ECsJfwUX4AEYmHM

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Happy NGD! Always glad to see Fenders here. Not personally a huge fan of Daphne Blue finish but nevertheless that looks like a quality strat. :D

fps

Kit
Reaction score
That's beautiful, congrats! I have always had humbucker guitars and it's wonderful to have an American Strat in my ranks now. Especially, they're great as support for a song, rather than the driver/ focal point of a song. They take effects so well, so are incredibly versatile in a way that my humbucker guitars, which I love, aren't.
Secondly, my playing has improved so much because what you put in is what comes out, the dynamics of playing a strat have been such a learning curve and I've loved it! I hope you have a wonderful journey with your strat, it's a beauty, mine is 3 single coils, but I've heard good things about the Shawbucker for when you want a bit more rawk!

Zhysick

Reaction score
Beautiful!!!!!!! I love my strat, but I swapped out the saddles as soon as I got it and moved the volume knob ditching one tone knob a few weeks later because I can't get used to the volume knob being so close to the strings: I'm rolling it down all the time while playing. Not everyone is as lucky as you to get used to it! Hahaha

Congrats! That's a beauty... a real beauty!

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
That’s a really awesome strat, love the color.

Thanks! Yeah, Daphne Blue and Shell Pink are my favorite Fender colors. Roasted Maple + Daphne blue is pretty much the perfect combination for a Fender Strat (for me).

Happy NGD! Always glad to see Fenders here. Not personally a huge fan of Daphne Blue finish but nevertheless that looks like a quality strat. :D

Yeah, I'm surprised we don't see a few more strats pop up around here!
That's beautiful, congrats! I have always had humbucker guitars and it's wonderful to have an American Strat in my ranks now. Especially, they're great as support for a song, rather than the driver/ focal point of a song. They take effects so well, so are incredibly versatile in a way that my humbucker guitars, which I love, aren't.
Secondly, my playing has improved so much because what you put in is what comes out, the dynamics of playing a strat have been such a learning curve and I've loved it! I hope you have a wonderful journey with your strat, it's a beauty, mine is 3 single coils, but I've heard good things about the Shawbucker for when you want a bit more rawk!

Thank you. Yeah, I am enjoying the tonal palette offered by the HSS. This is the first time I've had a single coil neck pickup and it's nice to have that versatility in my guitar arsenal.
Yes, I find these 'old school' instruments (Strat, Tele, and to some extent LP's) make you work a little harder to play them, but that's what gives them their particular vibe and overall unique and recognizable sound.
KIller lookin' Strat! HNGD!!
Thanks!

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Beautiful!!!!!!! I love my strat, but I swapped out the saddles as soon as I got it and moved the volume knob ditching one tone knob a few weeks later because I can't get used to the volume knob being so close to the strings: I'm rolling it down all the time while playing. Not everyone is as lucky as you to get used to it! Hahaha

Congrats! That's a beauty... a real beauty!

Yeah, I understand the swap. Surprisingly I'm finding my way around the volume knob. Not to say it isn't a hindrance--because I do have to find new hand positions as I'm playing different riffs/etc.--but surprisingly it hasn't been a big deal.

Once I get my preferred setup (10's and decked bridge) I'll get a better idea of how things are going to work out. If need be I can always swap the saddles and move the volume knob, but luckily for now I don't feel the absolute need to do so, which is nice. Luckily the volume knob on mine is moderately tight, so even if I touch or bump it it doesn't seem to move it.

oh my, that's VERY nice
thanks!
Love it!! The neck and body look so good together on that thing:agreed:
Agreed! Probably the coolest color combo for a Fender in my opinion.

Matt08642

Reaction score
Did you by chance buy this from the Kingston Long & McQuade? I visited that store in early August and played a guitar exactly like this that was incredible!

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Did you by chance buy this from the Kingston Long & McQuade? I visited that store in early August and played a guitar exactly like this that was incredible!

lol yup, that's the one! You from the Kingston area?

Mmmm baked maple on that daphne blue body looks so sweet!

Yup, I still can't get over how good it looks.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah, Daphne Blue and Shell Pink are my favorite Fender colors. Roasted Maple + Daphne blue is pretty much the perfect combination for a Fender Strat (for me).

I’m a sucker for Sonic Blue but Daphne works too. Makes me miss the one I had.

Matt08642

Reaction score
lol yup, that's the one! You from the Kingston area?

Yup, I still can't get over how good it looks.

Nah I was up there visiting family about an hour way, always like to check out guitar stores in the area though! You snagged an awesome guitar dude, that thing was incredible

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
I’m a sucker for Sonic Blue but Daphne works too. Makes me miss the one I had.
Sonic Blue is pretty cool for sure. What did you have?

Nah I was up there visiting family about an hour way, always like to check out guitar stores in the area though! You snagged an awesome guitar dude, that thing was incredible
Oh cool!
Yeah, that's hilarious that you actually checked out this exact guitar, lol. It's without question the nicest looking and probably about the nicest feeling Non-Custom Shop Fender that I've played.

')