NGD: Fender Limited Edition FSR American Pro Strat HSS w/ Roasted Maple Neck - Daphne Bl

• Thread starter AkiraSpectrum
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Ahhh that's a nice one!

I definitely really liked the American Specials. The Jumbo frets on them feel great. The newer American Performers are quite good in their own right.
Yup, the fret size and satin finish on neck was why I went with the American Special.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
A pleasure for the eyes

For sure! It pleasures me everytime I open the case, even just to look at it, ha ha.

Yup, the fret size and satin finish on neck was why I went with the American Special.

Yeah, the American Pros have narrow tall frets. I actually don't mind them at all. I still prefer Jumbo's but when I play this guitar I don't feel like I need to have them whatsoever.

Satin or Oiled necks have become pretty important to me over the years. I love how this Roasted Maple Neck and Fretboard has the satin finish. So much nicer than a gloss finish. With a satin/oiled necks I feel more connected to the neck and the guitar overall.

peterbee

Reaction score
Beautiful!! I didn't realize this model existed with that neck.

I also got the Daphne pro but with the rosewood neck about two months ago and I'm still as excited to play it as when I got it. However I would have certainly considered that roasted maple had I know about it.

I could not agree more about the feel of the finish! I'm also a huge fan of the V-mods.

acTygj6.jpg

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Beautiful!! I didn't realize this model existed with that neck.

I also got the Daphne pro but with the rosewood neck about two months ago and I'm still as excited to play it as when I got it. However I would have certainly considered that roasted maple had I know about it.

I could not agree more about the feel of the finish! I'm also a huge fan of the V-mods.

acTygj6.jpg

Looks awesome!!!

Yeah I really like rosewood necks too, they look so good, especially when they're dark. Is that an anodized pickguard? I really like how those look, and it suits that guitar well, did that come stock?

Yeah this particular model is a FSR (Limited Edition) for the Canadian market and the European market, so its technically not available in the US market. With that said, you might be able to get something similar if one of the big music stores does an exclusive run (Sweetwater will tend to do a bunch of exclusive runs on Fender's and other brands).
---Alternatively, the USA market has available the "Mod Shop" (basically a production American Fender customizer) where you can build your own Fender (choose neck, wood, color/finish, tuners, etc.). It's only available to USA customers but I heard they just very very recently updated the Mod Shop with the roasted maple neck option. Problem with the Mod Shop though is that you're paying a heftier price for the customization (which obviously makes sense); however, its worth it if you want a specific spec'd American Fender without paying custom shop prices.

peterbee

Reaction score
Looks awesome!!!

Yeah I really like rosewood necks too, they look so good, especially when they're dark. Is that an anodized pickguard? I really like how those look, and it suits that guitar well, did that come stock?

Yeah this particular model is a FSR (Limited Edition) for the Canadian market and the European market, so its technically not available in the US market. With that said, you might be able to get something similar if one of the big music stores does an exclusive run (Sweetwater will tend to do a bunch of exclusive runs on Fender's and other brands).
---Alternatively, the USA market has available the "Mod Shop" (basically a production American Fender customizer) where you can build your own Fender (choose neck, wood, color/finish, tuners, etc.). It's only available to USA customers but I heard they just very very recently updated the Mod Shop with the roasted maple neck option. Problem with the Mod Shop though is that you're paying a heftier price for the customization (which obviously makes sense); however, its worth it if you want a specific spec'd American Fender without paying custom shop prices.

Thanks for the info! I actually hadn't played around with the Mod Shop before.. you're right - the roasted necks are there! Definitely a premium but some of those colors are great.

Yep this is an anodized pickguard! I absolutely love the look, but I am getting this feeling that the tone was altered a bit (some sharpness taken out of the lows). So I've made some recordings and next time I do a string change I'll put a plastic guard back on and try it out and compare... I'm really hoping it's all in my head haha. But I got this pickguard on reverb! I can get the link if you need : )

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I actually hadn't played around with the Mod Shop before.. you're right - the roasted necks are there! Definitely a premium but some of those colors are great.

Yep this is an anodized pickguard! I absolutely love the look, but I am getting this feeling that the tone was altered a bit (some sharpness taken out of the lows). So I've made some recordings and next time I do a string change I'll put a plastic guard back on and try it out and compare... I'm really hoping it's all in my head haha. But I got this pickguard on reverb! I can get the link if you need : )

Yeah the Mod Shop is fun to play around with. Too bad they don't offer it outside the USA.

Nice! If I ever get another Strat or Tele or something maybe I'd grab an anodized pickguard, but I like the mint green that comes on this one.

Interesting about the tone change. I've heard that metal pickguards can alter the tone. Years ago I was speaking to bassist Marty O'Brien after a local show (when he was playing in We Are The Fallen before they went on hiatus--Marty has done a lot of session and touring work for big artists). We were talking about gear and one of his Spector basses that he had recently had modified with a metal plate on the top. He said that it very noticeably changed the tone of the bass.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
HNGD! Nice axe you got there!!! :cheers:

Thanks! I am really enjoying playing it. Something about a strat that just feels like home, even though technically this is my first one, lol. Maybe it's because my first guitar was a Godin Freeway Classic, which is kind of like a suped-up strat (super-strat-like) charvel/suhr kind of vibe that makes the Fender Strat have that familiar 'home' feel.

Latest posts

')