NGD: *FINAL FANTASY 7 FANS REJOICE* Ibanez S5470 (Shinra-fied!)

• Thread starter SiggyCertified
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SiggyCertified

Reaction score
So, this one time, I bought this guitar in 2008.... (iirc... :p)

S5470TKS.jpg

063.JPG

This was pretty much my first REAL guitar (and to this day is still a beauty in it's original form,) and being that I'm a huge fan of Final Fantasy 7, and that I considered this my first guitar, I decided to promptly name him "Bustah." Now, I'm sure some of you haven't made the connection... but in the game, your main character "Cloud" starts off with a sword called the "Buster Sword" and it's super bad ass looking if I must say so myself.

Cg_cloud.jpg

NOW, one day, I had been web browsing, and I had come across this super badass shirt that was for sale:
Soldier_Tee_2.jpg
(Didn't come with the hottie, but hey! They also have them in men's sizes! :p Made by Status Effects)

So I immediately said, WOW, that absolutely needs to be worn by me in the sometime immediate future... so I purchased it, and a few days later, I had a badass FF7 themed shirt. (By the way the white-haired figure on the shirt is the main villain of the game named "Sephiroth" and he's super fucking badass, underneath him are some "Shinra" troops, which are basically the cronies of the game.)

So I must admit, being my first guitar, and after a few other guitar purchases, my Ibby began to grow a bit stale, and I started to lose a bit of interest in it. :\

So then, I remembered my guitar tech used to do cloth-style refinishes on guitars, I've seen Hawaiian shirt styled guitars, plaid, striped, etc. So I ran the idea by him, of merging the FF7 shirt, with my Ibby. He told me it was no problem, and that he would be the one physically mounting the shirt onto the guitar, then send it off too an extremely talented painter by the name of Marty Bell who would finish off the rest and ship it back, to have my tech re-assemble.

Just got this bad boy back today, and holy fuck. Bustah lives again!
photomwe.jpg

photo2rze.jpg

photo1rdsf.jpg

Hopefully I can get a better camera sometime soon to show it off a bit better, but that's all I got for now, let me know what you guys think!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ILuvPillows

Baby seal will destr
Reaction score
This is awesome, not only for the FF7 reference...but mainly for the FF7 reference. Could you explain a bit more about the t-shirt process, did he just take a picture of the guitar with the right T-shirt placement and then the painter did all the work?

Fantastic idea (from a guy who's all about natural wood finishes). All hail Sephiroth!

P.S If you ever feel like selling in the future then give me a heads up.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
That thing looks so badass. Just needs a 6' baritone neck on it now.

ILuvPillows

Baby seal will destr
Reaction score
Speaking of fabrics on guitars, Steve Vai seems convinced that it gives off a better tone. I shit you not...

4.40 onwards.
Enjoy your increased tone!

Jinogalpa

ESP fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
thats the most badass graphic on any guitar. sephiroth approves

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
The matching headstock makes this absolutely perfect. Any shots of the back?

larry

". . . . . . . ."
Reaction score
yes yes yes.
i've known about the fabric guitar
finish for a while thanks to steve vai, but i never
thought about applying it to any of my guitars
cuz, well, i'm not steve vai. :shrug:

don't ask me why that made sense to me, it
just did. anyway, is this kind of thing expensive
and are your tech & his painter the only cats that
do this?

SiggyCertified

Reaction score
It's not a hard process... But I will admit it was a lot easier having a bolt on. I'm not sure how much harder it would be otherwise. Didn't cost too much, very reasonable, but that also varies on the amount of work that needs to be done. It could be just as simple as a finish job as opposed to custom paint job + finish. All you would need, is to have the guitar disassembled, then you could just ship the body/neck out to Marty.

')