NGD: FInally own a 7 string!

• Thread starter Harry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
I am now the proud owner of an RG 7421:scream:
My%20Guitars

IMG_1801.jpg

It's good to be joining the leagues of other good men with their Ibanez 7 strings:hbang:

I shall get new strings on and post more pics tomorrow:metal:

A special thanks to SS.org forum member stubhead for selling me such a great guitar. I can hardly thank you enough dude, the guitar is in even better condition than I expected, very very well looked after for a guitar dating back to 1999:yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
good score, the 7421 is still my favorite Ibanez i ever owned.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
congrats man :yesway: I like that colour

xtrustisyoursx

Reaction score
Nice man, I just picked up an RG7421 on ebay 2 days ago. I'm going to slap in either some green blazes, or a d-sonic/air norton combo

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks guys:)

I couldn't find anything bigger than a 46 for the low B string, so I got a 9-42 set, and slapped on the 46 on the low B and tuned everything up to C standard so that the low B wouldn't be too floppy:lol:
Actually, while it's tuned up one semi tone, the tension isn't too bad fortunately.
I'll slap on a 54 and tune it back down to B standard later this week though, but right now I'm having fun playing it in C standard:)

Reaction score
Man i absolutely LOVE Ibanez RG7421's and RG7621's...superb guitars! I wish Ibanez would make more fixed bridge 6 and 7 strings (especially 7 strings). I also miss the RG7421XL's as well. Hell i miss the whole "XL" series altogether!

Nice buy man, play the shit outta that beast!

Wi77iam

Ibanez fanboi
Reaction score
haha about time man, congratulations
if you don't mind me asking, how much did this set you back? (exchange rate is absolute killer at the moment) I almost bought that one off him but yeah, the exchange rate was and still is :noway:

TheSixthWheel

bangetzit
Reaction score
Hey, congrats Harry. Looks nice, and good to hear you're happy with it. Now go get shreddin'!

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
haha about time man, congratulations
if you don't mind me asking, how much did this set you back? (exchange rate is absolute killer at the moment) I almost bought that one off him but yeah, the exchange rate was and still is :noway:

All up, including shipping, I paid around 580 I think, although my mother helped out and payed about 60 dollars of it for me:D

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
^Dude, I made up most of the money for the guitar working actually:lol:
200 of it was bday money that I saved up, 60 bucks from mother to help pay it, the rest was work income.

stubhead

Feral Buddha
Reaction score
Hey, I used to have one just like that... hey, I used to own one EXACTLY like that! I sold it to Harry cause it seemed like he really wanted it and was going to play the stuffing out of it. It's a seriously, seriously good guitar, but I also like to build guitars out of Warmoth and USA Custom wood and they start piling up pretty deep around here. After I built my Warmoth seven, my poor old RG was just sitting on a stand getting lonely, and I don't really "collect" guitars just to own them - good guitars need to be played. I got it for a pretty fair price & I figured, pass it on. You know the drill - practice eighteen hours a day, learn to read music & when you get rich & famous you can buy me a little castle next to your big castle & I'll tune yer guitars for you...:wavey:

(I don't do windows....)

Latest posts

')