NGD First 7! Ibanez Content

• Thread starter Levi79
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Levi79

Reaction score
So I got my first 7 string finally.
An Ibanez RG7421 refinished body (black with a bit of sparkle, pretty bad finish job to be honest, and kind of beat up) and RG7620 neck. Got it on here quite cheap. It came with the stock RG7421 pickups (which I'm not going to bother installing) and an Evo 7 bridge model.

I'm having problems keeping the 7th string in tune, and I think I know why. The saddle on that string was changed and it looks to be really really cheap. There's no spring, the edges are all sharp (even the groove for the string was done by the previous owner) and the height screw things arent even screwable, I needed to use plyers to get it anywhere.

But, other than that, it's a pretty solid guitar. I'm planning to mod it quite a bit.

-Refinishing the body either to natural or white w/black binding
-Installing a Liquifire in the neck and a ? way switch
-Upgrading the bridge to a Hipshot
-Upgrading the tuners to Sperzel or Schaller Locking tuners (opinions?)
-Possibly get a 7621 neck for it rather than the 7620 (I know it's not much difference, but that's why it's the last thing on the list.)

Here's some shitty cell phone pics of it:
IMG120.jpg

IMG119.jpg

IMG123.jpg

IMG125.jpg

With my 2 Ibanez S540's. Shitty cell phone makes my Desert Yellow look like faded garbage :noplease: So I'll post a pic of my FMTT and DY S540's too, just cause I'm new here and haven't gotten to show them off yet.

Ibanez Family
2011-05-09204056.jpg

1997 Ibanez S540 FMTT
DSC00085.jpg

1990 Ibanez S540 LTD DY
S540color.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitarzombie

Punching your Salad
Reaction score
Well, looks still intact :) give it some love, and I think it'll become an outsanding axe. I'm curious what you'll mod out of it.

Levi79

Reaction score
Well, looks still intact :) give it some love, and I think it'll become an outsanding axe. I'm curious what you'll mod out of it.
Yeah, it definitely needs some fixing up. But I got it for $215 with the Evo 7, so I think I got a pretty decent deal.

Latest posts

')