NGD FIRST 8 MUCH BUSTED CAPSLOCK

• Thread starter metallidude3
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

metallidude3

Reaction score
So after many years of saying that I NEED to pick one of these up, I finally did it! Now that I have the RG2228 I have a question or two haha like a n00b I didn't do any research on these. But I know quite a bit about them regardless. So my question to anyone reading this is: what is the thickest gauge you can use and still make use of the locking nut? I drilled out the tuning peg to fit an 80 for the low E and it fits just fine at the bridge but the nut gets about half of a thread and then backs itself out. Any help would be appreciated! Having said that the guitar is amazing and I'm loving every minute so far!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    755.3 KB · Views: 245

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I got a 74 to work no problem on my RGA8, but it's tough. I just left the locks off. :lol:

jimwratt

Reaction score
Yeah, you don't need to lock that nut per se. It might have some additional tuning stability, but since you probably won't be doing much bending and definitely no dive bombing, you probably won't notice it not being locked.

SoItGoesRVA

Do You Even Riff?
Reaction score
In B4 thread title change...

But seriously HNGD dude!!!

Edit: beat it literally by seconds :lol:

geeman8

Reaction score
Congrats man! Those are great looking guitars! For your issue with the locking nut.....you can take that locking screw to Home Depot or Lowes and match up the threads with one that is slightly longer than stock. That should allow the threads to bite with the larger string.

Latest posts

')