NGD: First one with this guitar! (Ibanez S5527)

• Thread starter Ironside
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ironside

Reaction score
...in TRANSPARENT BLACK SUNBURST that is!!! (no purple doom here)

I haven't even had a chance to take her for a spin, unfortunately, as Guitar Center did NOT set this guitar up (they said I would have to leave it for several days before their tech could get his hands on it).

So, it looks like it'll be up to me! I'll get her tuned, see where I stand and go from there.

Also, it's worth mentioning that you should ALWAYS order over the phone with Guitar Center as the guy I talked to knocked $200 off the price just because I sounded like I was hesitating (so $1495 for this baby instead of $1699).

I see what people are saying about how Ibanez switched to a generic case with Prestige models; still nice, but not as nice as the case that came with my APEX100.

Enough talk; time for PICS!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stretcher7

Reaction score
Nice score! I want to get one of these. Especially since I believe they changed the neck radius to 400mm which should make in less neck heavy that the S5427 from last year:yesway:

PoonMasterMaster

Reaction score
Congrats man! This thing looks amazing. For me Lo Pros look SO much better on Sabers than ZRs. Now I have horrible gas, thanks a lot :realmad:

kchay

Reaction score
Fffffaaark. Been GASing for this for ages, but haven't seen anyone with one yet. NICE.

myrtorp

Jiggywiggy
Reaction score
I love the looks of this, HNGD!
Probably one of the best looking S Ive seen!

stevexc

Reaction score
Nice score! I want to get one of these. Especially since I believe they changed the neck radius to 400mm which should make in less neck heavy that the S5427 from last year:yesway:

Maybe my coffee hasn't quite kicked in yet but how will a flatter fretboard reduce how neck heavy it is?

EDIT: Well, I do know my coffee hasn't kicked in... happy new gear day! That is one purty guitar, not gonna lie. I really dig that finish.

Last edited:

Les

Curl of the Burl
Reaction score
That picture of the headstock with the lights gleaming of the tuners is Prestige as f*ck! Congrats shes amazing!

Ironside

Reaction score
That picture of the headstock with the lights gleaming of the tuners is Prestige as f*ck! Congrats shes amazing!

Haha, I was trying to show the mother-of-pearl in the logo (doesn't really show up in pictures)

After playing this guitar a week(ish) I have to confirm that it is absolutely amazing! SO glad I pulled the trigger on this thing after initially hesitating.

It sounds and plays great, fit and finish is PERFECT and stays in tune like a champ!

I was initially worried about these "less expensive" prestiges and don't know how they're selling them for this cheap, but the quality is right on par with my Apex100!

I'm so satisfied with the quality, I think it's time to upgrade my Apex 2 with the Prestige RG752LWFX... Coming soon.

JustMac

ss not-so-regular
Reaction score
God that's hot. And I'm not a black-finish fan usually. :agreed:

What did 'no purple doom' mean though? Is that a finish it comes in? I googled it but couldn't find it!
...or is it some inside-joke I'm blissfully unaware of? :lol:

')