NGD: First one with this guitar! (Ibanez S5527)

• Thread starter Ironside
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
I want this one and the 6 string version SOOOOOO MUCH

Congrats man!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ironside

Reaction score
God that's hot. And I'm not a black-finish fan usually. :agreed:

What did 'no purple doom' mean though? Is that a finish it comes in? I googled it but couldn't find it!
...or is it some inside-joke I'm blissfully unaware of? :lol:

Oh, haha... this guitar is the S5527 in 'Transparent Black Sunburst' and has the lo-pro bridge, there is another similar (but fixed bridge/gold hardware) prestige 7 string that is ALSO an S5527 but the finish is called "purple doom burst" or something like that.

All the S5527 NGD threads have been full of purply-doooooom.

s5527qfx_dpb_00_01_cu_body_top.jpg

PBGas

Reaction score
By the way bud....I think you made the perfect choice based on the bridge alone. Love the lo-pro! So great that they did this for the US models. So much nicer than the edge zero. Unfortunately I had to return the recent 3727 due to a twisted neck. Not a big one but enough of an issue that it will become a problem later and I decided I'd rather get something else.

Again, nicely done!

Ironside

Reaction score
By the way bud....I think you made the perfect choice based on the bridge alone. Love the lo-pro! So great that they did this for the US models. So much nicer than the edge zero. Unfortunately I had to return the recent 3727 due to a twisted neck. Not a big one but enough of an issue that it will become a problem later and I decided I'd rather get something else.

Again, nicely done!

Ah, that sucks! Sorry to hear the 3727 didn't work out... any ideas what you're going to go with?

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
Awesome guitar. I was seriously considering getting the six string ancestor that came out a few years ago. Sometimes I wish I had gone for it and this isn't helping! Happy NGD! :yesway:

I wonder- can the price drop across part of the Prestige range simply be caused by these new regular cases they ship them with?

Musiscience

Reaction score
Happy NGD, this looks sick!

I absolutely love this case and would not trade it for anything else :agreed:

_RH_

Reaction score
Very cool, this is the same one I'm pondering! What's their return policy; is it possible to return to a local store if it isn't the right fit?

Dabo Fett

Reaction score
Beautiful guitar dude! I don't know if I was the first to have the s5427 last year, but I know I was atleast one of the first and the first on here. It's still my go to guitar for everything, 6 or 7 string stuff any tuning any tone. Both the 5527 and 5427 are beasts!

Ps, my 5247 is not neck heavy at all but I do have a massively wide strap so maybe that keeps it balanced?

dirtool

Reaction score
one of the most beautiful 7 string of ibanez :)

Ironside

Reaction score
Very cool, this is the same one I'm pondering! What's their return policy; is it possible to return to a local store if it isn't the right fit?

I can't remember Guitar Center's return policy but they did say you have a certain amount of time to return it. I'm sure it's on their website.

That being said, I just bought ANOTHER new guitar from AxePalace and they are 100x better than Guitar Center - I would STRONGLY urge you to deal with them.

I believe they have a satisfaction guarantee as well and according to their website, they have a free upgrade to Dimarzio pickups with purchase of this guitar (sorry to sound like a commercial)

I'll be posting up another NGD soon once this new axe arrives.

Does this mean Ibanez is done with the edge zero??

Hopefully? LOL

Probably not though as there are still 2014 models with them.

')