NGD (First Prestige Content)

• Thread starter Konfyouzd
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
This was a total impulse buy. I'm really not sure what drove me to do it, but whatever... It's done and I'm super happy I did it.

konfyouzd-albums-first-prestige-picture8635-rg2228-headstock.jpg

konfyouzd-albums-first-prestige-picture8636-rg2228-body.jpg

The EMG808X pickups are really nice. I like them alot more than I remember liking the 808 regular series.

I'm not sure how much I like them in white, though. If anyone wants a pair of white 808Xs and wants to trade me either a pair of black ones or a Lace Deathbar/Xbar combo, shoot me a PM. I may put up a WTB/WTT thread soon, but I'm not really in a hurry just yet.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I may keep em... I really like the way they sound, but I think the look has to grow on me a bit. It plays REALLY nice. It almost plays itself. It's very fast and the frets seem to be extremely level. I can achieve a much lower action on this than my other guitars. It's also acoustically VERY loud. I was surprised.

ZachK

Ronda Rousey Fanboy
Reaction score
Reminds me of Tosin's old Ibby before he had his signature.

HNGD dude! Looks killer

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
Congrats bro. My JCRG813 was my fist J Custom and I love it, but I need some x's or lundgrens in it.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Is that the 8 w the vine?

EDIT: I just googled and holy cow thats a pricey axe but they look nice. I kinda wanna try some Laces in this thing myself. I'm kinda glad theres no battery box for that reason.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Congrats! I've been wanting to get one of these for quite some time.....I have too many 7s to switch but I still would love to have one. Nice score!

Reaction score
I love the white look personally, and the fact that its a 2228 is even better. Hngd!

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
Is that the 8 w the vine?

EDIT: I just googled and holy cow thats a pricey axe but they look nice. I kinda wanna try some Laces in this thing myself. I'm kinda glad theres no battery box for that reason.

I got a sweet deal from Nick, the Axe Palace, great guy to deal with.

GreatWhiteYeti

Reaction score
Happy NGD Bro!

I don't like the white pickup covers...to my eyes it's like my attention is drawn to the white of the pickups, instead of galaxy the finish on the guitar? If that makes sense.

Given To Fly

Reaction score
:welcome: I think the white 808x's look pretty good; they match the logo on the headstock and add some color balance to the whole thing. It also helps when you can actually see what Galaxy Black looks like in person.

j5uxoj.jpg

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Picked up a GW recently. Need to tweak strings/action (Verrry buzzy atm on the bottom) but plays like a beauty. And looks hawt.

Happy NDG!

Given To Fly

Reaction score
Picked up a GW recently. Need to tweak strings/action (Verrry buzzy atm on the bottom) but plays like a beauty. And looks hawt.

Happy NDG!

Is GW (Galaxy White) white with gold specks?

Latest posts

')