NGD First Seven

• Thread starter PoonMasterMaster
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PoonMasterMaster

Reaction score
Sup you guys, I've been guitarless for about 2 months after I parted out my S470 to fund a new axe. I gassed hard for an RG550 for quite a while, but decided it was time to finally graduate to a seven string. I had thought I'd found the perfect guitar, an Ibanez RG7620VK listed on Guitar Center's website as a 7420. The price was super low and it looked great, but when I decided to jump on it, I got an email saying somebody had put it on layaway. Damn. Fast forward a week, another one pops up. Turns out it was the same guitar and the deal hadn't gone through. I pounced right on it, and with a bit of haggling, got a discounted price and an extra set of strings.

Didn't remember ordering a Gibson...
DSC_0028_zps7b81da34.jpg

Trusty cutting utensil
DSC_0030_zps91d7d3e2.jpg

Moment of truth
DSC_0031_zps9a274215.jpg

Damn. In much better condition than I thought it would be.
DSC_0032_zpsb313e3c9.jpg

These frets look and feel insane
DSC_0053_zps2d3b6a84.jpg

Weird, I thought Ibanez didn't start making 7620's in this color until '99...
DSC_0054_zpsbe71cff6.jpg

Some natural light
DSC_0042_zps2b51deda.jpg

Overall, I'm extremely happy. The quality and playability are better on this than on any other guitar I've ever owned. I thought the transition from 6 to 7 would be tough, but the neck is so damn comfortable that I barely even noticed. Unplugged, it resonates like hell, and the stock Dimarzios aren't bad at all. And even after a ton of abuse, the Lo Pro refuses to go out of tune. Not bad for $375 :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

s4tch

Reaction score
Coolest 7620 finish by a mile. Congrats, you made a great deal!

Detested

Reaction score
Great snag man ,I have one and yeah that neck is effortless,might want to look into a brass block for the trem,even bolder tone,good,cheap upgrade.Congrats!

Ocara-Jacob

SSO Recluse
Reaction score
Nice, I got myself an RG7420 not long ago, but I've heard even better things about the RG7620s. Congrats and HNGD.

PoonMasterMaster

Reaction score
Thanks a lot you guys!

Great snag man ,I have one and yeah that neck is effortless,might want to look into a brass block for the trem,even bolder tone,good,cheap upgrade.Congrats!

I was planning on picking one up, but I'm unsure of which would fit the Lo-Pro 7... what worked for you?

Detested

Reaction score
I got mine on eBay under 7 string guitars,it is the non- Floyd one on there for about 35 bucks,fairly easy to install and I have no issues with dives or flutters,well worth it.
Good luck.enjoy!

K3V1N SHR3DZ

Reaction score
floyd upgrades also has them. They also carry brass claws and noiseless springs. Not sure if any of this actually works, or if it's just woo.

OT: GREAT SCORE at a GREAT PRICE! :yesway:
Get white pickups, knobs, and switch tip on that sexy lady right meow! :cool:

Heavy_Arms

Reaction score
Beautiful guitar man, and good deal, I picked one up a few months ago and its easily my favorite guitar I've ever owned.

MED

Reaction score
Nice! I love those old RG7620's. I am still kicking myself over selling mine to a friend :wallbash:

')