NGD for 2010

asmegin_slayer

cali-cornia bluffer
Reaction score
Got rid of my PRS Paul Allender to snatch this guy....

A Conklin 7 String..

Photo56.jpg

Photo67.jpg

Photo76.jpg

Photo77.jpg

The guy took care of the guitar very VERY well... The strings are a bit old, but that will change tomorrow. The neck wasn't as thin as I thought, but was surprised that it feels just like my 1527 that I used to have. The fret access is just awesome, the neck joint really made it easy to play the higher register.

Pickups were not bad at all, but will be replaced for better ones (and advise for that department?).

So far, I'm pretty happy with the buy...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EliNoPants

Reaction score
that headstock looks almost exactly like the ESP/LTD F series and the Schecter C series headstock, only reversed, is Conklin related to those two in any way? or even just using the same factory?

either way, nice looking guitar, i'm always a fan of red

asmegin_slayer

cali-cornia bluffer
Reaction score
As far as I know, conklin is its own company... I've always seen conklin have that headstock design for a long ass time.

etiam

Reaction score
Good call on the neck feel. After playing a Schecter with an LFR all day, playing that Conklin is like taking flight.

Keep an eye on the tuning machines and knobs, though. The may get spotty on you, if my experience with them isn't unusual.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
that headstock looks almost exactly like the ESP/LTD F series and the Schecter C series headstock, only reversed, is Conklin related to those two in any way? or even just using the same factory?

either way, nice looking guitar, i'm always a fan of red

Conklin has been using that headstock on both their fully custom US guitars, semi-custom US guitars, and most recently the Korean Groove Tools line, for a very long time. They are in no way whatsoever affiliated with Schecter or ESP. Though, they probably use Cort just like everyone else to make their "import" line.

alexander12014

Reaction score
i saw that on craigslist while i was lookin for a new guitar...i was gonna get that but i got a rga121 instead

asmegin_slayer

cali-cornia bluffer
Reaction score
Keep an eye on the tuning machines and knobs, though. The may get spotty on you, if my experience with them isn't unusual.

The tuners are a bit shady (mainly on the g string... it always has to be the g string :noplease:), but I will have a chance tonight to see it will act differently when putting on new strings.

i saw that on craigslist while i was lookin for a new guitar...i was gonna get that but i got a rga121 instead

So your the one who got the RGA121!!! lol.... You and I should be in contact if you ever want to sell it, lol.

asmegin_slayer

cali-cornia bluffer
Reaction score
Thanks everyone...

2 quick questions...

1. What pickups would go great with this type of wood?

2. I want to get rid of the glossy stuff on the back of the neck, how would I go about doing this correctly?

grim_guitarist

pigsticker
Reaction score
What up Dave? I hope you enjoy that guitar as much as I did! So do you not like the Dimarzio? It's really strange, with certain amps the Conklin SLAYS, but on others it sounds too bright, and slightly single coil-like. I was playing it trough an Engl pre into a Mesa 2:90 into a marshall 1960 cab and it wasn't EXACTLY what I was looking for... I tend to lean more towards the SG-type tone, dark/mahogany sounding stuff. If you ever decide to get rid of it, gimme a call. Though it wasn't perfect it is still an amazing guitar and it plays phenomenally!!! Again, hope you enoy it!! It was great doing the deal with you, very professional! :hbang:

')