NGD: FRG8 (Heavily Modded RG8)

• Thread starter ThePhilosopher
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
Some detailed shots:
FRG_8_0009_FB.jpg

FRG_8_0012_FB.jpg

FRG_8_0021_FB.jpg

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
I'm using the rest of my 10-74 sets before I get a different set, but I really don't mind this set as much as everyone else here. I find the 80 to sound too bass like at 27".

Reaction score
Some sloppy playing through almost all positions. (...)

You'll have to try to mix piezo and Neck pickup, either in serial or single (one of my favorite mixes). Also, don't forget to experiment with overdriven piezos and piezo+mags, slightly over the break up (not much gain). Wonderful tones there.

Also, some Bridge serial + Neck single combos on dirty territory are some nice alternatives to fat up the guitar tones.

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
You'll have to try to mix piezo and Neck pickup, either in serial or single (one of my favorite mixes). Also, don't forget to experiment with overdriven piezos and piezo+mags, slightly over the break up (not much gain). Wonderful tones there.

Also, some Bridge serial + Neck single combos on dirty territory are some nice alternatives to fat up the guitar tones.

I've experimented there, but I've not been able to get the balance quite right on the volumes. I really like the 2nd and 4th positions mag with the piezos to get some nice jangly/spanky tones especially with a cranked Vox model. I'll have to record some of that stuff.

')