NGD: Gambling on Guitar Center Paid Off!

• Thread starter Slayer89
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
Not too long ago I was looking through Guitar Center’s used guitars online and saw something weird. They had a guitar for a bit over $400 and listed as a Schecter Omen 7. I clicked on it and looked at the pics, and what was pictured (in a very dim unclear pic) was an Omen Elite 8MS. I tried calling and emailing multiple times to clarify if the picture or listing name was correct, but never got any response so I went ahead and ordered it figuring I could return it if it wasn’t the pictured guitar. A few days go by, and my gamble paid off! Got this sweet Omen Elite 8MS in excellent condition! Super psyched for it to be red as well (picture was pitch black).

Anyone know if EMG 808s will fit in here, or will I have to do extra routing for them?

IMG_8102.jpeg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Nice! Hopefully the poor sod that turned that it knew it was the higher model, and didn't get totally shafted by GC.

Baelzebeard

Grinder of strings
Reaction score
Nice!

You would have to route for EMG's in that guitar.
Give the pickups a shot. If they are the same as my Schecter (Omen Elite 7), I think they sound really good.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
That thing have level frets? I haven't had much luck with recent schecters having a good fretjob out of the box.

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
That thing have level frets? I haven't had much luck with recent schecters having a good fretjob out of the box.
Didn’t bust out a level or anything yet, but in initial quick setup everything feels smooth.

And thanks for all the congrats! I don’t know who messed up, but I’ll gladly buy them a beer if we ever cross paths haha.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Okay I will give these employees some credit, the system they give us to use is fucking ANCIENT. I mean literally green screen MS DOS 1980's tech. On top of that, they pay like absolute crap on the sales sides of things, I got a lucky deal, but I heard what some of my coworkers are making and I would have laughed them out the door if they offered it to me....

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Okay I will give these employees some credit, the system they give us to use is fucking ANCIENT. I mean literally green screen MS DOS 1980's tech. On top of that, they pay like absolute crap on the sales sides of things, I got a lucky deal, but I heard what some of my coworkers are making and I would have laughed them out the door if they offered it to me....
Damn they're still on green screens?!

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
Nicely done. I too have a NGD to post tomorrow for a 6 string. Im in the UK too so my risk included shipping overseas lol

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
Okay I will give these employees some credit, the system they give us to use is fucking ANCIENT. I mean literally green screen MS DOS 1980's tech.
Can confirm it’s this way at the GC’s in NorCal as well. I don’t work there but I’ve seen it. Yikes.

vark

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Looks so sick bro

Also I would strongly consider leaving the stock pickups, I love schecter pickups and those pickups (Diamond Heretic) are supposed to be based on the USA Apocalypse set(which are amazing).