NGD: Gibson Les Paul Custom 2021 (Black Beauty)

Guitarjon

Reaction score
So...I want to apologize to the OP. I didn't realize this would turn into a whole thing about the ethics of YT vid posting..it's taken away from the Gibson LPC talk which it should not have.

There needs to be FAR more new guitar worship in here and less YT talk.

I really want to get my hands on a Les Paul Custom. Not sure it'd be for me but I'd just like to hold one and play it

All good man, no worries!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
They're definitely far from cheap. I didn't want any of the other finishes or historic reissues anyway but the one I got was the cheapest custom available. The white one cost a couple hundred more and the silver one even more....

When the good colour is also the least expensive :yesway:

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
Adding my 2 cents I appreciate Jon because he actually does answer questions and replies to you rather than dropping videos and disappearing until he's got another one. (remember that Kirill (KIRnumbers) guy? :lol:) I think guys like Kyle and Jon are credit to team

nickgray

Reaction score
Always loved that black-white-gold colour scheme, but damn, the prices are insane, especially with that QC. This bad boy goes for $729, for comparison.

epiphone-les-paul-custom-ebony.jpg

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I really want to get my hands on either a satin black one, the satin grey one, or the darksyde version.

But the price so big..and my monies so little

Talking LPC's so I decided to check new prices from our Gibson dealer (they country-wide).

LPC (reg): $6200
LPC '57 RI: $8500 - different pickups, 1pc mahogany body no maple cap, didn't check other details closely :lol:
LPC white: $6600

'73 LPC in Toronto at a shop: $6500

'91 pre-historic '57 RI: $7500 (uh)

'79 cherryburst: $5k

And I passed on a '79 tobacco burst in November? for $4200

I'll probably get one eventually (versus something with the same aesthetics, as I nearly did) and it'll probably be recent.

Wondering what store stock will be like given everything going on - there's 4 black LPC's available new in Ontario right now.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Jon's videos are always welcome in my book, and kind of annoyed we have to have this same conversation every time he posts.

A black and gold LPC is just the classiest guitar ever. Looks just as good at a metal show just as it would at a wedding.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Ah nuts I found the perfect 57 LPC on TGP and a) am not on TGP b) do not have the funds :rofl:

Edit: Jon did you have the shop try a couple and send you a specific one?

Reaction score
Talking LPC's so I decided to check new prices from our Gibson dealer (they country-wide).

LPC (reg): $6200
LPC '57 RI: $8500 - different pickups, 1pc mahogany body no maple cap, didn't check other details closely :lol:
LPC white: $6600

'73 LPC in Toronto at a shop: $6500

'91 pre-historic '57 RI: $7500 (uh)

'79 cherryburst: $5k

And I passed on a '79 tobacco burst in November? for $4200

I'll probably get one eventually (versus something with the same aesthetics, as I nearly did) and it'll probably be recent.

Wondering what store stock will be like given everything going on - there's 4 black LPC's available new in Ontario right now.

If I'm gonna spend that kind of money I'm getting a legit custom guitar. I like LPCs and all but nah, homie. After a certain point you're just paying for a name and I don't do that. But them's still some sexy guitars.

RevelGTR

Reaction score
No offense gang but if you think people posting their YouTube videos here is any significant way to drive views you’re kidding yourself, it isn’t 2012 anymore. This is one of the last great guitar forums still hanging in there and imo we should encourage anyone who wants to to post relevant content.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
If I'm gonna spend that kind of money I'm getting a legit custom guitar. I like LPCs and all but nah, homie. After a certain point you're just paying for a name and I don't do that. But them's still some sexy guitars.

thats in Canadian Beavertails, mind you. (Well divide by 4ish - canucks get it). Law of diminishing returns and all that. You can get a great guitar that is like a les paul custom, a les paul custom, or both.

Guitarjon

Reaction score
Ah nuts I found the perfect 57 LPC on TGP and a) am not on TGP b) do not have the funds :rofl:

Edit: Jon did you have the shop try a couple and send you a specific one?

I ordered it from Thomann.... Luckily I didn't feel the need to send it back for another one.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
Glad you got an LPC. Apparently, the new ones have better QC with the fret nibs and paint. And yay, real ebony! (Although I really like the composite "ebony" they had in previous years).

LPCs are classic no matter what. But gone are the days when you can find them used for 3k. Sometimes, I can find a deal on Ikebe or Ebay Japan for 3.5K with some shipping $$$. But nah, glad I got mine in time.

i'm a fan of 57ri all mahogany slabs and the 68ri. Plus points if it has aged nickel hardware and yellowish binding. Not much of a fan of the gold.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Glad you got an LPC. Apparently, the new ones have better QC with the fret nibs and paint. And yay, real ebony! (Although I really like the composite "ebony" they had in previous years).

LPCs are classic no matter what. But gone are the days when you can find them used for 3k. Sometimes, I can find a deal on Ikebe or Ebay Japan for 3.5K with some shipping $$$. But nah, glad I got mine in time.

i'm a fan of 57ri all mahogany slabs and the 68ri. Plus points if it has aged nickel hardware and yellowish binding. Not much of a fan of the gold.

They were $3KUSD in Canada a bit last summer.

The good news is most of them look clean, the bad news is now prices are spitting distance from new.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Dear god I love brand-new nitro. That deep gloss that looks like your guitar is swimming in glass. Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of poly as well, but a brand-new nitro clear-coat just has this sharp depth to it that's just unmatched. Smells incredible as well, gotta love those nasty hydrocarbons that smell like sugar.

Estilo

Reaction score
Always loved that black-white-gold colour scheme, but damn, the prices are insane, especially with that QC. This bad boy goes for $729, for comparison.

View attachment 102147

Jon please get this and do an A/B review with the Gibson!

Regarding all the YT comments, FWIW we can be sure Gibson definitely did not sponsor Jon to do this!

Reaction score
Dear god I love brand-new nitro. That deep gloss that looks like your guitar is swimming in glass. Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of poly as well, but a brand-new nitro clear-coat just has this sharp depth to it that's just unmatched. Smells incredible as well, gotta love those nasty hydrocarbons that smell like sugar.
Yeah but when it gets old and yellows..it's an acquired taste

Accoun

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

View attachment 102147
Might some day get one and turn it into a Wata-worship guitar. Sadly, that would require to forgo the lovely black and gold combination, since she has uncovered JB/Jazz and silver hardware (not sure if chrome or nickel).

Latest posts

')