NGD- GKG content inside...

• Thread starter Hollowway
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kruneh

Reaction score
Awesome finish!
Gotta say they look pretty cool.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

idunno

Reaction score
I always liked those saran wrap finishes! Damn good purple too. That top horn is fucking boss. Good stuff dude!

sheboingo

Reaction score
I think the color looks a little washed out in these pics, too; I think it's more vibrant based on the previous color shots of the purple they use.

It really depends on the light intensity and angle (which I personally find amusing and fun). If you sorta bath it in light it looks kinda like :

SCALA26.jpg

or

SCALA27.jpg

Mysticlamp

Ripplesprint
Reaction score
holy crap,everthing about that thing is drop dead sexy, inlay, fretboard, finish, body...my god

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's been over a month and a half. Any updates Hollowway?

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
It's been over a month and a half. Any updates Hollowway?

Yeah, I've been emailing Leo back and forth. He just sent me the paypal invoice for the remainder of the cost last night, so the guitar will probably ship out tomorrow. :metal: A couple of weeks ago he had to put stuff on hold to go do some stuff with Cris Angel in Vegas. :scratch: So maybe we'll see something on TV in the future about Leo!

sheboingo

Reaction score
Yeah, I've been emailing Leo back and forth. He just sent me the paypal invoice for the remainder of the cost last night, so the guitar will probably ship out tomorrow. :metal: A couple of weeks ago he had to put stuff on hold to go do some stuff with Cris Angel in Vegas. :scratch: So maybe we'll see something on TV in the future about Leo!

Leo is a big fan of Criss' Mindfreak TV show and stuff and some time ago he made a custom guitar as a sort of an homage to the man, The Great Illusionist himself.

They could not hook up for quite a while for Leo to present Criss the guitar but finally it panned out. Criss was very kind and invited him back for a launch party for his new Vegas show coupla days later. Ah the good times.

2010181.jpg

2010225.jpg

2010179.jpg

2010182.jpg

2010171.jpg

2010194.jpg

2010223.jpg

Mindfreak006.jpg

LasVegas-20110810-00118.jpg

MAGIC015.jpg

A lil' bit over the top, eh? The eye in the middle actually shines a dark red light in sunlight or blacklight. Something.

elq

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Holy shit. How did I miss this? That finish is fantastic. Congrats man!

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Ah, that makes sense about Criss Angel. Although FWIW, I don't care for Criss, but I'm a HUGE fan of Leo's. Guess I'm glad I play guitar rather than do magic. :lol: Pretty sweet of Leo to make that guitar, though.

And the 729R will be arriving at my work on Tues. :hbang: I emailed Leo and switched the shipping address to my work so my wife doesn't flip. No way I can pull the, "Oh that? No, I've always had that one," with a purple delta wing shaped guitar. :lol:

And on another note, I chatted on email with Leo about how cool it is that he is pushing the boundaries of production guitars like this. This is a LOT of guitar for the money. :metal:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Do these still have the 12" radius like the R36 and R39? Also, what's the big knob at the end?

No, this one has a 16" radius. And the big knob is the volume control. The two smaller knobs are these super cool variable coil taps (one for each pup). I have one on my old F-1 model (the precursor to the R36 Turbulence) and it's super cool. Turn it all the way one direction and you have a humbucker. All the way the other direction is a single coil. And then you've got every position in between as you turn the dial.

Latest posts

')