NGD...gone bad!

• Thread starter ohoolahan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

starkill

Reaction score
Send it back and get a replacement. You shouldn't have to deal with the hassle of getting it repaired. It wasn't your fault. And the value has been permanently ruined, IMO. This is why I cringe when I see new guitars ship with gig bags instead....
It's not the gigbags fault, Sure, a case would be much safer, but still, many shops don't pack their sendings right. I had many guitars without even a gigbag and haven't any flaws because they were well packed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pdbeaton87

Reaction score
Being a bolt-on neck they can't do anything for you with swapping out the neck? I know it is probably harder to just get a replacement neck than a whole new guitar. Just a thought..

MWC262

Reaction score
Definitely see if you can get a refund. I'm sure it shouldn't be a problem. Looks like a factory defect even though Caparison has some of the best quality around.

Reaction score
Def send back and get a new undamaged one. Even if they paid to have this one fixed it'd always be in the back of your mind.

GuitarBizarre

Listen to physics.
Reaction score
I concur.

The other thing is that, cosmetics aside, you don't know if the blow that caused that damage did anything else. I had an RG550 whose neck would shift in the pocket whenever I used the tremolo - The knucklehead who owned it before I did, had obviously has a strap give way on him and throw the headstock into the ground. The screws had ovalled the soft basswood so the neck no longer stayed put.

I had that fixed because the guitar was second hand to start, but on a new guitar there should never be any doubt that what you do is in pristine condition.

Send it back, and even if the guitar can't be replaced, believe me, there will always be other guitars.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
That damage is worth way more than what they're offering you. Send it back.

yurokx89

Reaction score
It`s really sad man, I think seller have to return you some money to repair.
C2 is interesting guitar, hope it`s make you happy!

')