NGD: "Green Xenocide" Custom Shop 7-String Dean RC7 #2

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of green, but that does look pretty awesome.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
I've looked at this thread probably 14 times today while at work, and the guitar still is not in my jam room hahaha Oh lord I'm in trouble

I gotta have one soon Nick!

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've looked at this thread probably 14 times today while at work, and the guitar still is not in my jam room hahaha Oh lord I'm in trouble

Hah thats awesome, glad you're digging it. I brought this guitar to rehearsals last night and it plays and sounds SICK. I actually have it setup in G with 11-65 and it handles it great (my others are tuned higher).

November5th

Old Shredder
Reaction score
Un-f-ing-real!WOW! That is the most incredible looking Dean I have ever seen.Actually that is one of the most incredible looking guitars I have ever seen.The Rusty Cooley with the Xenocide graphic has now been perfected in black and green.Enjoy it!

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score

Un-f-ing-real!WOW! That is the most incredible looking Dean I have ever seen.Actually that is one of the most incredible looking guitars I have ever seen.The Rusty Cooley with the Xenocide graphic has now been perfected in black and green.Enjoy it!

Thanks man! I really didnt know what to expect when I gave them the idea to do the "Greenocide", but it came out better than I had ever imagined.

Dawn of the Shred

Member Since 2012
Reaction score
I have dreams about this guitar now! Now im selling stuff to get RC7s. And could i order one of these custom shops are do have to go through a dealer to get a custom shop?

Jackley

LordJackley
Reaction score
Just a quick question; do they only offer alder as the body wood? Seeing the specs you have on this makes me realllllllllly want one, however I prefer basswood to alder.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Just a quick question; do they only offer alder as the body wood? Seeing the specs you have on this makes me realllllllllly want one, however I prefer basswood to alder.

They offer a number of different wood options. My other one has a mahogany body for example. I think Alder is an amazing tone wood for 7 string, much more resonant and tight to my ears than basswood. But if you wanted basswood they could certainly do that for ya.

I have dreams about this guitar now! Now im selling stuff to get RC7s. And could i order one of these custom shops are do have to go through a dealer to get a custom shop?

Yes you can just contact a dealer who deals with USA Dean customs and they/we can make it happen.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Update: I'm now rocking green BKP Abraxas pickups in this and now it sounds 10x better than before (and the DiMarzios sounded awesome already). This is easily my favorite guitar at the moment :)

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I've HATED that guitar every time I've seen it. Somehow it doesn't bother me nearly as much in green... :lol:

And maybe I was hanging out with Mayor Ford recently or something but is that a slightly different headstock from the normal one?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've HATED that guitar every time I've seen it. Somehow it doesn't bother me nearly as much in green... :lol:

And maybe I was hanging out with Mayor Ford recently or something but is that a slightly different headstock from the normal one?

Nah its the same in-line pointy headstock as with all the other RC7s. I know older (pre-2009) RC7s had a slightly different shape, but it was a subtle difference.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Ahh then that might be what I remember. I haven't seen many of these (I really don't look for them either but that's nother story) I just seem to remember the headstock looking a *little* bit different last time I saw one which was admittedly a while ago. Thanks! :yesway:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ahh then that might be what I remember. I haven't seen many of these (I really don't look for them either but that's nother story) I just seem to remember the headstock looking a *little* bit different last time I saw one which was admittedly a while ago. Thanks! :yesway:

These look great IMO. Just your typical Super-Strat style body but with a deeper cutaway and an even thinner neck. If the "Xenocide" graphic throws you off, here is my other one with an Aqua quilt top prior to its pickup swap:

04.jpg

I think my next one I'll go with no inlays but otherwise I'm super psyched on these :)

')