NGD: Gutierrez Juggernaut! \m/

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Man, that guitar - EMG's + Painkillers = Damn near the perfect guitar

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks gents, I'm excited! You know what's the worst part? The previous owner lives in NY and shipped it last Thursday. It was in Laurel, MD yesterday afternoon which is like 45 minutes from me yet somehow I won't be receiving this from UPS until Monday. BAHHHH!!! Nothing to do this weekend so it kills me that they couldn't get it here in time! :lol: Ah well, soon enough! :D

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks gents, I'm excited! You know what's the worst part? The previous owner lives in NY and shipped it last Thursday. It was in Laurel, MD yesterday afternoon which is like 45 minutes from me yet somehow I won't be receiving this from UPS until Monday. BAHHHH!!! Nothing to do this weekend so it kills me that they couldn't get it here in time! :lol: Ah well, soon enough! :D

Shit I think I would have driven to that UPS depot yesterday. :)

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Believe me, if I had known that they were going to push it back like a bunch of bitches I would have been there in a hot minute! :D However, the beltway is supposed to be garbage this weekend due to the inauguration. :noway: I should really take off Monday and Tuesday to celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day and Inauguration Day.... :idea: :lol:

I tell you one thing... my soldering iron is going to be getting fired up Monday or Tuesday and some BKPs are getting installed on the chop-chop! :hbang:

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
I bet the suspense is killing you Matt... It's a truly gorgeous guitar, and BK pickups will only push it further towards perfection :yesway:

Congrats

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
So the ultimate buzz kill... I get the guitar and although UPS, yet again, fucked up the packing... the guitar was in great shape! Played around with it for about 20 minutes and so far I find it plays and feels great, very well crafted but the tone with the EMGs is severely lacking. :( I start desoldering all the EMG connections and swap the potentiometer I just snagged from GC... start to install the pickups and what do I find? Brent uses brass threaded inserts for his direct mount pickups. Sweet! The bad news? They are bigger than the stock hole on a BKP.:realmad::realmad::realmad: DRAT! FOILED AGAIN! :lol: I'm so tired and pissed off at this point that I'm holding off until tomorrow to work on enlarging the holes in my BKPs so I can mount these damn pickups already because if I try it tonight I'm either going to tear the ears off the pickups and scratch the guitar and I don't want to go down either of those roads! :rofl: Pics coming soon guys, hang tight... it IS gorgeous though, I must say! :D

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
So the ultimate buzz kill... I get the guitar and although UPS, yet again, fucked up the packing... the guitar was in great shape! Played around with it for about 20 minutes and so far I find it plays and feels great, very well crafted but the tone with the EMGs is severely lacking. :( I start desoldering all the EMG connections and swap the potentiometer I just snagged from GC... start to install the pickups and what do I find? Brent uses brass threaded inserts for his direct mount pickups. Sweet! The bad news? They are bigger than the stock hole on a BKP.:realmad::realmad::realmad: DRAT! FOILED AGAIN! :lol: I'm so tired and pissed off at this point that I'm holding off until tomorrow to work on enlarging the holes in my BKPs so I can mount these damn pickups already because if I try it tonight I'm either going to tear the ears off the pickups and scratch the guitar and I don't want to go down either of those roads! :rofl: Pics coming soon guys, hang tight... it IS gorgeous though, I must say! :D

DUDE!!!! GET IT DONE!!!! Seriiously it takes like 2 minutes to drill out baseplate holes. J/K if you are pissed off and frustrated you are better off waiting. Usually working on delicate stuff in that state leads to fucking it up.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I know myself better, if I find myself getting in too much of a rush and I'm getting frustrated it's best to just step away and let my head clear. I'll be fresh tomorrow night after work and can get it done nice and clean so it's only an extra day away. At least it arrived safely, that's what I was worried the most about! :D

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Well I forgot that I still haven't posted the updated photos since the pickups were swapped and the setup has been completed! Thing plays great and sounds fantastic too! This particular guitar is resonant as a mofo, playing it unplugged it is surprisingly loud! :lol: :agreed: Here are the update shots:

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_5.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_6.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_7.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_8.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_9.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_10.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_11.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_12.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_13.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_14.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_15.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_16.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_17.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_18.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_19.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_20.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_21.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_22.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_23.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_24.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_25.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_26.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_27.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_28.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_29.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_30.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_31.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_32.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_33.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_34.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_35.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_36.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_37.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_38.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_39.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_40.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_41.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_42.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_43.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_44.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_45.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_46.jpg

Pretty sweet! :hbang:

mrp5150

Call it.
Reaction score
Sleek looking guitar. Everytime I see that headstock I just think of Daffy Duck though. :lol:

Random&

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Wow man that looks amazing!! Congrats dude, Gutiierrez guitars look awesome.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
That thing is a real beauty man. I love the headstock and bet it sounds immense with those BKPs :p

')