NGD: Gutierrez Juggernaut! \m/

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Well I saw this over on Rig-Talk for a steal of a deal (as in I priced out something similar back in May out of curiosity and it was a few hundred dollars over DOUBLE what I paid for this badboy! :D) so I had to jump on it! :metal: Who says the recession sucks? ;) Specs are as follows:

Gutierrez Juggernaut

Body: Black Limba Archtop
Neck: Black Limba, "shredder" profile (assuming it's a wide thin, probably close to an RG550)
Scale: 25.5"
Headstock: 6-inline
Fretboard: Ebony, bound
Frets: 24, stainless steel
Tuners: Planet Waves Locking Tuners
Bridge: TOM - String-thru body
Pickups: EMGs (I have a set of BKP Painkillers already that will be going in here asap! :yesway:, I was told these are both 81's from the seller but the logo on the neck pickup looks gray which makes me think it is a 60...)
Electronics: 1 x volume, 3-way toggle
Planned setup: CGCFAD

Here are a few pictures from the seller, I'll update the thread with some more hi-res stuff once I receive the guitar next week. :yesway:

Gutierrez&

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_2.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_3.jpg

Gutierrez_Juggernaut_4.jpg

The Ibanez Mushok was fun to mess around with but the 28" scale on the high side is not my thing (glad I went with fanned frets on the Oni 7! :agreed:) but it's going out the door and being replaced by this baby! :D More pics coming soon! :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Piledriver

Reaction score
the neck looks awesome!

very cool guitar man,looks super sweet.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
That is very sharp looking.. looks awesome!

But you have a Mushok? hmmmm.... is it spoken for yet? :lol:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Like I said last night, the headstock could be better IMHO but all that black limba with the ebony board renders the guitar purely awesome :D

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Like I said last night, the headstock could be better IMHO but all that black limba with the ebony board renders the guitar purely awesome :D

Haha indeed sir! :D I actually dig his 6-inline headstock quite a bit as it seems fairly original and looks fairly metal, but I could see how some might not dig it at all. :agreed: The woods and top carve (looks like a deeper carved Horizon almost, eh?), however, are undeniably sexy! :wub: Once that gets some BKP goodness in there I'll be set! :cool:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
i know sexy when i see it!

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Summed it up perfectly. Only thing it requires now is BKPs

... which have just been desoldered from the Mushok and are now waiting for this baby to arrive! :metal: :D It's getting a Painkiller set and considering how great they sounded in the Mushok I'm positive it will sound ridiculously good in black limba! :wub:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
this is by far your best guitar, was it made from a solid piece of wood? it looks like it

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
this is by far your best guitar, was it made from a solid piece of wood? it looks like it

Haha thanks Jeffy-cakes! :wub: Brent actually cuts both wings and carves them, then he glues the wings to the neck blank and continues sculpting it from there. :agreed: He does a pretty good job matching up the pieces of wood to the neck so it almost looks seamless eh? :yesway: I found a few of his progress pics to show it a bit better:

bodies-2.jpg

bodies-1.jpg

bodies-8.jpg

bodies-6.jpg

bodies-4.jpg

Little different in construction from other folks but the end result is pretty sweet! :yesway:

Latest posts

')