NGD: Halo Custom Guitars Salvus (Tele)

• Thread starter Blood Tempest
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

haffner1

Reaction score
This thread has got me really thinking. I'm glad things seem to have improved there. I might have to hook up one of these, since those bastards at Jackson won't seem to cooperate with making custom select 7s. All I want is a simple KV7

Halov7.png

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Skullet

Reaction score
This thread has got me really thinking. I'm glad things seem to have improved there. I might have to hook up one of these, since those bastards at Jackson won't seem to cooperate with making custom select 7s. All I want is a simple KV7

Halov7.png

You'll love my custom that is being built by Halo ...... V + a rather similair headstock to jackson .......... ;)

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
Did you find any finish problems? I know it was huge issue a while back. I'm trying to decide between them and carvin for my sevenstring tele build but it will be a little less common looking than most teles so I have to be happy with it cause I'll lose my ass on it if I try to sell it.

No. However, that was the reason my guitar was delayed so much. My guitar was painted three times (yes, it was stripped before each new paint job). This happened because upon Jeff's inspection, he was not satisfied with how the finish looked. He had to do this twice. And he informed me of that via email each time.

Hot shit man, that looks unreal!
I would visit the custom generator a few days a week easily, 1 day I'll take the plunge

HNGD! :hbang:

Thank you! :hbang:

Halo will build anything for you. Even create something close to a Jackson headstock, I'm pretty sure. Can't hurt to send them an email and ask. There is a sale going only through midnight on November 2nd for custom orders. If anyone needs a promo code, PM me.

BigBadAl

Too old to Mosh
Reaction score
Got the first pics of my V , apparently going to fretwork next. then assembly.
should be in my hands by month end.
the attempt at patience is killing me now!
but she looks just like I was dreaming (just need the BKP in there :) )
1414574727604.jpg

Bravo Halo !

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm planning for either this

10687456_643733792418_5652167869808676474_o.jpg

or a similar setup but solid wine on the body and a black headstock.

I think either one would look pretty bad ass! :hbang:

1414574727604.jpg

Bravo Halo !

:eek::eek::eek: That looks incredible! The arch top really makes it pop! AWESOME! :bowdown:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
1414574727604.jpg

Bravo Halo !

Ummm not to be a downer on your custom build, but it doesn't look like they built your guitar as a true custom order, it looks like they took a left-handed neck and just slapped it on a right-handed body... :ugh: Check out the neck heel, the contour starts farther in at the bass side and moves outward on the treble side, which is the opposite of the way it should be for that neck joint on a bolt-on. :flame: The cutaway on the neck where it joins the pocket should start out farther on the bass side and round down towards the body on the treble side if they're doing it that way (and even then, that should be done on an AANJ-style joint and not a flat bolt-on heel :2c:) so you get better access, not the other way around. :lol:

There is no other reason they would have done that except cost-cutting by recycling an unused left-handed neck on a right-handed body so it would have a "reversed headstock", but they didn't even take the time to fix the neck heel to make it less obvious they were doing that in the first place. :rolleyes: Hate to be a downer, but that's a little weak on Halo's part, either being cheap with how they produce their guitars or total lack of attention to details (which is really what you want in a custom guitar...:scratch:). :shrug:

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't feel like I'm seeing the same thing as you :shrug: I read your post over and over and attempted to look at the photo. Maybe it's my eyes or the monitor, but I don't see anything that comes off that way.

Skullet

Reaction score
Hmmmmm i was informed that HALOs standard bolt ons have rounded heels ( like ibanez) . Did you request a square heel ? If mines gonna be square i'm not gonna be happy lol

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't feel like I'm seeing the same thing as you :shrug: I read your post over and over and attempted to look at the photo. Maybe it's my eyes or the monitor, but I don't see anything that comes off that way.

Seriously?! :rofl: Here, this should be sufficient evidence:

Ibanez_Lefty_AANJ_vs_Halo_zps88aa9abf.jpg

Top left is the guitar in question, bottom left is a right-handed Ibanez AANJ neck and right side is the neck joint on a LEFT-HANDED AANJ neck. Like I said, it's quite easy to see what they did was slap a left-handed neck onto the guitar and called it a day. Seems like typical Halo stuff to me, doesn't look like anything has changed with the way they run things despite the ownership change. :shrug:

Hmmmmm i was informed that HALOs standard bolt ons have rounded heels ( like ibanez) . Did you request a square heel ? If mines gonna be square i'm not gonna be happy lol

They might have rounded heels, but in this case they're not using a right-handed neck with an AANJ carve on his right-handed guitar. If you ask for a reversed headstock, you shouldn't have to specify "please don't put a left-handed neck on my guitar", that should be a given. :ugh: Seems like they were either too lazy to do a right-handed AANJ neck with a reversed headstock or they were simply recycling an already-built left-handed neck since the headstock is already "reversed" and no one on their build team took the time to realize if it has the AANJ carve designed for a lefty, that it would be backwards if bolted onto a right-handed guitar, thus defeating the purpose of adding an AANJ rounded carve to the neck in the first place. :flame:

Blood Tempest - Apologies for the OT, I'm not trying to crap on your NGD by any means and my comments are not a reflection on your guitar, just pointing out the issue with the other Halo build posted in here since clearly there is something off with his guitar yet you guys are cheering about it which makes me think you're not seeing the clearly-present issue with his guitar and that's a problem when you're vouching for the quality of a company that has had problems like Halo has in the past in your NGD. :lol:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Well the heel on the neck is rounded, just not the body... you didn't expect those to match did you :rofl:

BigBadAl

Too old to Mosh
Reaction score
Ummm not to be a downer on your custom build, but it doesn't look like they built your guitar as a true custom order, it looks like they took a left-handed neck and just slapped it on a right-handed body... :ugh: Check out the neck heel, the contour starts farther in at the bass side and moves outward on the treble side, which is the opposite of the way it should be for that neck joint on a bolt-on. :flame: The cutaway on the neck where it joins the pocket should start out farther on the bass side and round down towards the body on the treble side if they're doing it that way (and even then, that should be done on an AANJ-style joint and not a flat bolt-on heel :2c:) so you get better access, not the other way around. :lol:
Thanks for pointing that out thought something looked off about the neck there and couldn't figure it out, I'll E-mail Jeff@Halo , sure he'll get it fixed
didn't request a specific heel ,kinda assumed it would be square
Very new at customs (first one for me)
this is why I love this sight thanks guys

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
My bad, I thought what I was seeing was a shadow or something. I understand what you're saying now, and it doesn't appear to seem right. :shrug: don't know what to make of that. Guess you guys should follow up with Halo in regards to this. I'm cheering about the way the body looks and the overall aesthetics. Thought overall, it looks good. Mine came out solid, so I didn't even notice that in the picture. Not sure what to make of that.

BigBadAl

Too old to Mosh
Reaction score
hopefully they'll shape that correctly for ya Skullet.
I've grown used to the square heel (Schecter owner :) ) and was prepared for the shape.
tho that rounded AANJ would be nice (love it on my Ibanez RGXXV)
sorry for derailing this thread Blood Tempest ,thinking I should start a AlmostNGD one :ugh:

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
No sweat. I don't mind. If it's going to help either of your builds, have at it. Keep the conversation going. I want you both to have successful builds like I've had with mine. :yesway:

Skullet

Reaction score
Sorry for derailing the threat tempest :lol:

Yeah ive sent Jeff an e-mail i'm sure it will be sorted if not halo will re-imburse me something and i will get it rounded at my local shop :)

awesomeaustin

hates neck pickups.
Contributor
Reaction score
I love minimal guitars. They just look like workhorses instead of museum pieces. Enjoy it, it looks awesome.

Skullet

Reaction score
Jeff gave me a response today

"The heel is rounded on the back, but not in the front.
It will look similar to the AANJ picture that you sent me"

Well i am more than happy now :)

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
I love minimal guitars. They just look like workhorses instead of museum pieces. Enjoy it, it looks awesome.

Thanks, mate! My sentiments exactly! :hbang:

Jeff gave me a response today

"The heel is rounded on the back, but not in the front.
It will look similar to the AANJ picture that you sent me"

Well i am more than happy now :)

Excellent news! Happy to hear that. :yesway::yesway:

')