NGD: Heavily modded Ibanez RG7321 first NGD!

• Thread starter HUGH JAYNUS
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HUGH JAYNUS

I’m a grown ass man
Reaction score
i bought a barely used Ibanez RG7321 off ebay a month ago. loved it, but it needed a makeover. so heres the before and after.
before:

after:

forgive the shitty cell pics. couldnt find the woman's better camera.
specs:
Hipshot saddles,
Hipshot locking tuners,
Earvana compensated nut,
random neck pup (i dont remember what it is),
Dimarzio Crunchlab in bridge,
killpot,
single volume moved out of the way of my picking hand,
and some chameleon carbon fiber vinyl wrap i bought off of ebay which i found thanks to bannyd and his thread Carbon Fiber Chameleon green/purple wrapped
which i fvcked up a little in a couple spots and i tried to hide em in these pics

plays like a dream compared to when i first got it. it was completely stock. it still played pretty good, except for the issues of typical cheap stock Ibbys. such as the bridge height screws being too tall and digging into your hands, the crappy electronics, terrible nut, cheap tuners, and shit pups.

still saving for the BKPs hehehe

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JoeChugs

Reaction score
that looks sick man, good stuff.

I've always wondered on a mod based guitar like this, does it sound good still or does the wood quality kinda spoil it?

HUGH JAYNUS

I’m a grown ass man
Reaction score
Not very acoustic unplugged. The wrap didn't help with that either. But plugged in it sounds pretty damn good. Its a basswood body so its fairly dark. But its resonate as hell and has sustain for days. Well worth the small price and a little modding

FunnelWeaver

Reaction score
Beautiful! My ARZ is getting ready to undergo some very similar mods (save for the "paint job") next week! Getting new pickups, a new nut, and an arcade-style killswitch. I can't wait.

What kind of switch did you use for the killswitch, anyway?

HUGH JAYNUS

I’m a grown ass man
Reaction score
Thanks! It plays so much better too. Its like a girlfriend when you take her shopping and she gets all "greatful" afterwards lol

HUGH JAYNUS

I’m a grown ass man
Reaction score
Nice work on the mods! Congrats! That carbon wrap is interesting. Must be pretty thin?

its thicker than you'd think. flexible also. glue seems pretty strong, and its pretty easy to work with. my next refinish ill probably do the same with a different color. much easier than sanding and painting

')