NGD! I can has 6-string again? (contains a 9 pic picstory)

Ze Kink

the black wizards
Reaction score
So, I've been looking for a nice hardtail 6-string for some time. The custom isn't in playing condition right now, because the bridge pickup cavity needs to be made bigger for the Lundgren M7 I got. So, I've been doing civilian service for 3 weeks now, without a guitar to play. Now that just sucks, doesn't it? So, one day, I'm there, bored to death, surfing the internet, and I notice I got an email. Someone wanted to sell me his guitar, and by chance, it happened to be the guitar I was most interested in getting. So, I tell him I'll buy it, he thinks about it overnight, says OK, sends it to me on friday, and today, I arrive home with this:

rga1.jpg

Well, it's an Ibanez case, so it won't probably be a surprise if we find an Ibanez inside...

rga2.jpg

After opening the case with my magic fingers, I notice that something is missing.

rga3.jpg

...Beer! Aaah, nothing beats a NGD with a nice...... warm Grafenwalder Cola??? No fucking way!

rga4.jpg

rga5.jpg

And the solution is... drums! Or actually, the fridge next to them.

rga6.jpg

Now that's more like it! A Japanese guitar needs a Japanese beer, right?

rga7.jpg

And the guitar I got, an Ibanez RGA121. I've always thought these were perhaps the coolest 6-string Ibanezes in production, and after they stopped making these natural models, I've been trying to find one. I have a Jb/Jazz set lying around, so I'll probably swap the pickups pretty soon.

rga8.jpg

And in the meantime, this little beast was on standby...

rga9.jpg

Accidentally featuring some weird stuff, like my girlfriends tampons and my kvltulele.

I'm gonna go play it! :wavey:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
And the guitar I got, an Ibanez RGA121. I've always thought these were perhaps the coolest 6-string Ibanezes in production, and after they stopped making these natural models, I've been trying to find one. I have a Jb/Jazz set lying around, so I'll probably swap the pickups pretty soon.

Nice guitar dude! But.....they didn't stop making the "natural" models.

Buy Ibanez RGA121 RGA Prestige Series Electric Guitar (Assorted Colors) At Sam Ash

Ibanez :: Electric Guitars :: RGA121

EDIT

Oh wait, I see you're in Finland.....I guess they stopped selling the stained models there.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
nice guitar, pickup swap should make it sweet!

:yesway:

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Mmm... Orange Tiny Terror... gotta get me one of those.

Zak1233

Contributor
Reaction score
nice guitar man great finish, and love that orange tiny terror too

Nazca

Reaction score
Nice dude, I've got the Natural finish and it is so, so sweet.
Have fun with it.
I actually like it so much I want another hah. But then I won't be able to get a 7....

mat091285

Reaction score
haha to Elysian ... but this RGA is sweet! ..... gives partial GAS ... but no more GAS on Ibby for me for some time .... just got the SC420 .. fills the GAS ..

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I GASsed for one of these for so long. I still have a bit in the tank. But I'd much rather have the RGT220NTF.

Ze Kink

the black wizards
Reaction score
Hmm, I'm having some trouble installing a SD Jazz to the neck. It's wired correctly using the RGA schematics on the Ibanez site, using the SD color chart to translate. For some reason, the neck pickup positions sound very weak and quiet (coil split -like, but much more quiet). The middle & bridge positions are working like they should be. Anyone have an idea why it isn't working correctly? Broken pickup?

Bobo

Reaction score
Nice guitar. That model and finish have been calling to me for awhile. But also has the RGR421EXFM. Wish I could find a RGA121 at a store to compare to the RGR which I found....but no luck so far :-/