NGD! "I jumped on the bandwagon" content

• Thread starter JPhoenix19
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
Tax season this year brought with it the uncommon opportunity for me to have a decent amount of money (which for me is a bit over a grand) to throw around on whatever I want. Anyone who knows me knows I am a cheap mother-lover... I never buy new gear anymore. So with money to spend I worked my eBay and Guitar Center Used search-fu for a few weeks straight. And as a few of you might know from me PMing you, I was scouring the classifieds here for a great deal.

But on Presidents Day I found the mother-load... a jackpot, if you will. I happened upon a fresh, barely-in-the-system guitar on Guitar Center's used site. I called the store the minute it opened... the price was so good I had to confirm it with the sales rep! The guy I talked to was awesome, he sent me pics of it and even hooked me up a bit with a generic 10% off coupon. I wasn't very pushy with haggling because the price really was that good to begin with.

But you didn't come here to read...

image_zps7ea562b6.jpg

It's time to bring this box inside and break out 'ole Trusty McCutsy

image_zps2f8442bb.jpg

Packing peanuts.... my hated enemy...

...we meet again... :mad:

image_zps4fa6b5c5.jpg

So approximately 38,000 packing peanuts and 18 inches of bubble wrap later (give or take), I was finally face-to-face with one of the most beautiful guitars I've owned.

Without further ado, MOAR PICS!!! :realmad:

image_zps65c567de.jpg

image_zpse08b3aa5.jpg

image_zpsd3f8382b.jpg

image_zps22b52790.jpg

Right off the bat- even with god-awful string height, I knew this guitar was on another level from anything else I've owned. It's highly resonant and has great sustain. It's easily comparable to the Carvin I once owned in terms of fit, finish, feel, and overall playability. It's light, comfortable, balanced, and just feels great when I play it. Sitting down, the lower part of the body does dig into my arm (I'm used to armrest cuts).

Cosmetic flaws usually don't really bother me much. That said, the only flaws I've found so far is the obvious wear on the pickup covers (the neck having the worst, albeit small) and the fretboard. Otherwise, it's pretty much like a floor model would be after a week or so of light use.

I was eager to try out the Duncans this thing came with, and so far I dig them. But holy sheet does it djent! I don't even like djent! I wasn't even using a patch in Guitar Rig intended for djent! And yet I djented...

But all jokes aside I underestimated the bridge pickup position's affect on the tone- I know Keith designed it that way. But with both my 5150 and Recto patches I found it easy to nail that "bwomp bwomp" timbre people are associating with modern metal these days. And the knob and switch placement will take some getting used to coming from an Ibanez RG fan.

Overall I'm really glad I took the plunge on the KM7, it's very quickly becoming my favorite! I feel like Schecter and Keith Merrow came up with a truly awesome guitar with a great choice of features for its price. I don't say this often, but I'd even pay full price for one new. Coming from me, that's saying something.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vonzion18

Reaction score
Awesome man looks great. I just picked up a C1 platinum after shying away from schecter for years and i'm super impressed. I Love the white too. How much did you pick it up for if you don't mind me asking?

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
Looks awesome dude! I really see a good possibility of getting one of those :)

Oh yeah, packing peanuts....ffs...who does that anymore? :lol:

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
Awesome man looks great. I just picked up a C1 platinum after shying away from schecter for years and i'm super impressed. I Love the white too. How much did you pick it up for if you don't mind me asking?

$556 w/ tax and shipping. :yesway: :hbang:

I'm considering saving up for a second one in black (which is what I would have picked if I had a choice), or checking out a Banshee.

Zado

Reaction score
Super awesome guitar man,congrats!

I need a review about that c1 platinum:agreed:

stuglue

Reaction score
Jesus thats cheap, congrats on the KM7, i've been gassing hard for one of these but i can't find any lefty models anywhere.
Seeing your white version makes me side more on choosing that colour rather than the new lambo orange.
$556 is an insanely low price. In the UK they sell for £1029 which is yours plus another thousand bucks. Crazy.
I've got a WTB in the guitar section but im not hopeful that anyone has a lefty for sale.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
I think the figured top they went with makes it look super sexy, so the orange one doesn't appeal to me at all. I honestly like the black one better, but when you're a cheap-o deal hunter like me you don't always get to be picky.

stuglue

Reaction score
I think the figured top they went with makes it look super sexy, so the orange one doesn't appeal to me at all. I honestly like the black one better, but when you're a cheap-o deal hunter like me you don't always get to be picky.

Personally i like the black the least.
The orange is too shiny for me, it looks cheap.
Will definitely be picking up the trans white one once I can shift a few guitars.

')