NGD - I just scored a Parker DragonFly!

• Thread starter mamadow
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mamadow

Banned
Reaction score
So here is my first NGD....

I just scored this Parker edit: Nitefly !

Very cool guitar, very light, I like everything about it at the exception of the pickups which I find pretty cheap, so I'm going to be replacing them...

Also the neck is not set up properly, going to bing it to a tech tomorrow...

Also the pickup magnets dont seam to be right under the strings on the bridge pickup, is this normal?

Here are the pics: :hbang:

PS: sorry for the bad pics

photo304.jpg

photo301r.jpg

photo303.jpg

photo302.jpg

photo300.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fikealox

Reaction score
Congrats, dude. That looks awesome. The polepieces are normal... or at least, my Fly Deluxe has a non trem-spaced bridge pickup too. Since there's a pickguard on the nitefly (rather than the pickups attaching via the polepieces like on the Flys) you shouldn't have a problem remedying it.

dewy

Beet Farmer
Reaction score
Yep, as others have said thats a Nitefly. THIS is a Dragonfly.

parker_dragonfly.jpg

Note the upper horn.

Sweet guitar nonetheless, HNGD

Mwoit

Reaction score

But I got it for such a crazy price that its anyway epic :D

400 swiss francs, that's like 380 $ :fawk:

:D :wub:

Damn dude, that is an amazing score. How'd ya get it then? :hbang:

I'm looking for a Parker myself but I'm not sure how the Parker model system works. :(

Key_Maker

9V inside
Reaction score
Looks like that the bridge pu could be a dimarzio non f-spaced, that's why the allens dont seam to be right under the strings. Take it out and look the baseplate.

Congrats for your NGD!

mamadow

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like that the bridge pu could be a dimarzio non f-spaced, that's why the allens dont seam to be right under the strings. Take it out and look the baseplate.

Congrats for your NGD!

I'm cool with that, I'm going to be replacing the bridge pickup with a custom and have the guitar set up properly :yesway:

Thanks for the info, I was not aware of that :yesway:

Ultraworld

Luthier A Holic
Reaction score
I put Ken Parker & Ned Steinberger in the same category. Real visionaries that took guitars to the next level. The Parker is light as a feather & very resonant. Should never need fretwork. The frets are bonded to the phenolic fretboard. No fret slots adds to the necks stability. A dream to set up, a trem that really works. Switch from fixed to floating in 2 seconds.Magnetic & Piezo sounds. Very impressive instruments

Justin Bailey

Reaction score
ned an ken need to make the FlyBerger, headless fly-ish guitar, trans trem, all carbonfiber/graphite construction.

mamadow

Banned
Reaction score
I put Ken Parker & Ned Steinberger in the same category. Real visionaries that took guitars to the next level. The Parker is light as a feather & very resonant. Should never need fretwork. The frets are bonded to the phenolic fretboard. No fret slots adds to the necks stability. A dream to set up, a trem that really works. Switch from fixed to floating in 2 seconds.Magnetic & Piezo sounds. Very impressive instruments

Well its not the most vibrating guitar I have, the old Gibson I own has way more sustain...

I just had it set up, plays really nice, looking forward to install the custom pickup at the bridge :agreed:

')