NGD. I like Relish better than Mayo

• Thread starter yellowv
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
So I have been drooling over these for years and a deal popped up that made me go for it. It’s a Relish Mary A. These are made in Switzerland and are a wood composite sandwich body on an aluminum frame. It basically has the resonance of a hollow body without the drawbacks and it feels like a Solidbody. The back cover is attached by string magnets and makes all the electronics easily accessible. The craftsmanship is mind blowing and it’s just friggin awesome.

post pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
I have always wanted to try one of these!

Nice score and HNGD!

Leviathus

Psychotic Monster
Reaction score
Wow! one of the more bizarre NGDs i've seen in some time. Congrats, may you relish it for years!

xzacx

Reaction score
I’ve been in the verge of grabbing one of these for the longest time. Love it!

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
Very cool! How's the upper fret access? It seems like it would be hard to reach them but maybe it's just the way it looks in photos.

Catalyst Collide

Reaction score
Super cool, I remember seeing some videos of them a few years back. Really neat guitar, would love to try one. HNGD! Also, relish is definitely better than mayo.

Edika

Reaction score
Quite unusual but awesome none the less. It's the first time I see this brand and it's quite interesting. Is that a piezoelectric the battery is powering? What are your thoughts on their pickups?

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes the battery powers the graphtech piezo system. The pickups are definitely more vintage in flavor.

ChugThisBoy

Reaction score
It was a pun. They are clearly apples to oranges. But the build quality is at mayones level for sure.

Ah sorry mate, didn't get that at first :D I was curious about them since Misha (bulb) posted some photos of his Relish back in the day.

Ah the prices.. maybe some day.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
That design is very interesting. Clamshell over a metal frame.
Congrats man. I have been enlightened.

SnoozyWyrm

Reaction score
Upper register access is a complete turn-off for me. It's so streamlined, so futuristic, so no-nonsense and then "Nope! Only 20 frets for you!".
It seems incomprehensible because such a design surely has a lot of man-hours of research behind it. How could they miss such a glaringly obvious point.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Upper register access is a complete turn-off for me. It's so streamlined, so futuristic, so no-nonsense and then "Nope! Only 20 frets for you!".
It seems incomprehensible because such a design surely has a lot of man-hours of research behind it. How could they miss such a glaringly obvious point.

These are future guitars for dad rockers. I’m pretty sure they don’t care about anything past the 18.
I asked them when the seven string was coming out and I got the email reply equivalent of a confused emoji.

')