NGD - I own an Ovation again!

AliceLG

\m/^_^\m/
Reaction score
Out of need I sold my Ovation CC-48 PD a couple of years ago and I have regretted that ever since. Now I finally got me a new one again. Picstory follows.

Got back from the office, it's finally Friday, and what is waiting for me in the hall way?

2 boxes? If I order a guitar and a case of the same brand, I'd expect the guitar to be delivered inside said case Thomann, but whatever, let's open those boxes.

And there's a box INSIDE that box!

So that was the case, and now

Paaaatience

Damn those Converses are beat up hehe

Ovation 2078TX-5!

And the family portrait naturally

I just played it for an hour without stopping, relearning a couple of songs I haven't played in a looong time and this beaut kicks ass. The unplugged sound is waaay brighter that I expected, considering that it doesn't have the customary epaulets in the treble side of the body. I have yet to plug it in and start playing with my looper again :D

The finish may not be artistic but it doesn't scratch, and that was very important because I'm a very sloppy strummer hehe. The action with the stock strings (12-53) is very nice and the tension is actually a little on the soft side because I tuned it to Eb, but that's the way I like it. I may try some 13-56 just to see if I like a little more tension.

Well that's it, I'm going to play for another hour now :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

')