NGD: "I play my red guitar..."

• Thread starter Rubbishplayer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rubbishplayer

Forgive the typos...I'm all thumbs on this thing..
Reaction score
So I've been considering a sustainer-equiped guitar for some time, as part of my working through the King Crimson scores.

I had originally assumed I'd fit one to an existing guitar, or buy a sustainer-armed Burny, but the former option was fraught with challenges, from the research I've done, and the latter, not my favourite option to start with (I don't need Backup Les Paul no.2) was only really an option secondhand from Japan.

So when this little beauty came up, it stuck in my brain like a splinter.Not a bargain, but now it's arrived, I can see that it is great condition (zero buckle rash!) with only very fine signs of superficial wear and some usual fretboard maintenance required.

The previous owner seems to have set this up decked and has looked after it really well. Now there's an original NOS Kahler 2200 in my stock of parts that's itching to go on this....

Anyway, enjoy: a pristine Fernandes Monterrey Elite. Specs as follows:

Construction: set-neck
Body: Mahogany, with a carved Canadian flame Maple top
Neck: Mahogany
Fretboard: Ebony
Purfling and inlay: Abalone
Scale: 24.75"
Pickups: Seymour Duncan SH-4JB (bridge), Fernandes Sustainer (neck)
Hardware: gold plated
Tuners: Gotoh locking
Bridge: Tune-o-matic
Nut: Graphtec
Original case included.
1000011453.jpg

1000011454.jpg

1000011456.jpg

1000011457.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tedtan

Reaction score
HNGD!

Let us know what you think of the sustainer; I’ve been thinking of adding one to a guitar I have once I get around to refretting it.

Rubbishplayer

Reaction score
HNGD!

Let us know what you think of the sustainer; I’ve been thinking of adding one to a guitar I have once I get around to refretting it.
Sure thing. This is the one without an intensity control, whereas the current retrofit kit (FS 401K I think) has one, so YMMV.

Rubbishplayer

Reaction score
HNGD!

Just remembered that Vinnie (of V-picks fame) has this exact guitar too, though he got his free methinks.

This video shows off the sustainer.

')