NGD: I post a lot of these...

• Thread starter Frostbite
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Frostbite

Periphery Shill
Reaction score
Ignoring my obvious GAS, I have yet another Schecter Banshee 7. If you remember a few months ago, I had bought another Banshee 7 in black. I liked a lot of things about that guitar, but it had issues from how the previous owner treated it that kind of ruined it a bit for me. The neck never felt as solid as I'd like (shifted in the neck pocket a bit and I just couldn't fix it with shims or anything outside of gluing it), there was quite a bit of finish scratches, the wood under the volume knob had been busted from being hit, and the frets on the upper part of the neck on the treble side were raised up enough that the high e would get caught under them from time to time (the leveling was fine on them though). Also, I can't fucking stand the Nazgul/Sentient combo. Just never sounded good on the low strings and the neck just sounded bad on every string.

I knew I liked the guitar a bit but I wanted one that was better taken care of. Well I got that and a pick up upgrade in one. Plus it's red.

20180425_141824.jpg

20180425_141906.jpg

20180425_142201.jpg

Specs
Schecter Banshee 7 Passive
Alder Body With Quilted Maple Top
Ebony fret board
5 piece maple and walnut neck
12" - 16" compound radius neck
Graphtech nut
Hipshot Bridge
Guitarmory Atlas Alinco Pick ups

I bought this guitar off Reverb after "window shopping" one night. The big selling point was they came with Guitarmory pick ups. I've been really interested in trying them out and holy shit could I not be more happy. These are some of the best sounding pick ups I've ever used. They have an amazing grind to them without being harsh. Since I haven't seen many sound demos of them, I've recorded some quick and simple riffs with the bridge and a bit of lead with some gain.

These clips are recorded with Helix Native using the 5150 amp with a TS9 boost in helix and a Precision Drive. The IR I'm using is a zilla fat boy 2x12 with a low cut to 130 hz and a high pass to 14.6hz on the IR block. No post eq or anything outside of delay for the neck

Here's the bridge (just a single track to try to get a more realistic idea of how they sound)
https://soundcloud.com/frostbite-108667210/guitarmory-atlas-alinco-bridge

And here's the neck (my lead playing is terrible please excuse the mistakes haha)
https://soundcloud.com/frostbite-108667210/guitarmory-atlas-neck-delay

So far, this is the tone I've heard in my head for so long. Amazing grit while still having some clarity on bigger chords. Honey moon phase may still be in full effect but we'll see. I'm a pretty big pessimist and it takes a lot to blow me away haha

I'm in the process of selling my other Banshee for what I paid for it and the extra I paid for this guitar compared to the previous is less then what the pick ups would cost new so it kind of just made sense to get this.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sollipsist

Reaction score
Outstanding guitar.

There's a lot of interesting and creative finishes out there, but I'm still always drawn to black or red... or if I'm feeling crazy, red and black :D

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Please let us know your thoughts on those pickups after the honeymoon phase (and in comparison to any other pickups you've got experience with if possible). I just ordered a set of Guitarmory Alnico 5 Red Stone pickups and was choosing between these and the Atlas, Orion, and Foxbat sets. I'll probably end up getting more if the Red Stone ones turn out great but ANY kind of review I can find is helpful since there aren't a whole lot out there about Guitarmory. Their descriptions are fluffy and convoluted (as most pickup descriptions are) and there's no EQ charts.

Sollipsist

Reaction score
I'm getting the Foxbats as well. The company could definitely use some more clips, there aren't even enough crappy YouTube user reviews. But what's out there, plus word of mouth, is enough to go on for now. In a few years we'll be happy that we got em before the prices went up.

Frostbite

Periphery Shill
Reaction score
I'll do my best to give a review in like a month or so on them. Figure that's enough time. TBH I haven't had much time to play lately since starting a new job but when I get a chance I'll write up a review and throw it in the Pickups section

Wolfos

Guitarded
Reaction score
Is that the cats eye pearl finish? Yours looks 100 times nicer than the other ones I've seen.

HNGD

')