NGD: I wish I could play my new Jackson 7 string

phillybhatesme

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

I recently posted this in the Jackson thread, but I'll make a new thread just to blow off some steam. I purchased a Jackson multiscale 7 string last Friday from ProAudioStar. They don't take pictures of their actual items as things are drop-shipped, so I knew that buying something was going to come with an inherent risk. The guitar was listed as "mint" on reverb (I bought it directly from PAS's site). Guitar came in today and it's not exactly mint. It's almost great, except...

What is this? Is this a dead fret? Is the action too low? i don't wanna deal with this lol.

There's a chip on the finish as well.

I'd overlook the chip on the finish if that were the only issue since it's already in my possession and I really wanted this guitar. It was essentially 50% off, but I can't even play it as is. Furthermore, the 7th string broke while tuning it and I don't have any extras on hand, so like...fuck me eh?
I'll call em tomorrow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

phillybhatesme

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Should have specified better - I bought the guitar directly from ProAudioStar’s site. I only mentioned Reverb for the condition for which they listed the guitar.

')