NGD (Ibanez 1527 | Pics Included)

• Thread starter SpottedBeaver
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SpottedBeaver

Ancient Mariner
Reaction score
I was looking at the Ibanez RG1527z as a complement to My RGD. I wanted to use the RGD for Drop tunings and then have the 1527 in standard tuning. With the 1527 running $1299 for a new one, I wasn't ready to buy another seven string for a while.

Well, a friend of mine, who plays guitar as well but really has no interest in seven stings came to me about this 1527. He has a friend who had just bought it and couldn't hang on to it.

I said that I would take it. It's practically brand new. The guy barely got to play it. So, on Friday, I picked it up and here she is.

IMG_8547.jpg

It's a Prestige!

IMG_8554.jpg

IMG_8559.jpg

It has the Prestige tool. :hbang:

IMG_8508.jpg

It's shiny and you can see one of her sister's reflections.

IMG_8513.jpg

IMG_8525.jpg

Had to get that pic!

IMG_8539.jpg

I haven't had a chance to do a full setup on it yet. She plays great though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SpottedBeaver

Ancient Mariner
Reaction score
My wife said a funny thing. She said, "It looks nice, but it looks just like your other ones."

I tell her that it's shiney and that it has seven strings. SEVEN.

SpottedBeaver

Ancient Mariner
Reaction score
Awww C'mon. Black goes with everything. :evil:

Edit... Stupid Edit.

Edit Edit: Besides, I wasn't complaining about the color for the deal I was getting.

Last edited:

Quitty

Hates 'mojo'
Reaction score
The window-blinds reflection makes it look as if you've got a treadplate finish all over it. Epic.:hbang:

If you don't mind me asking, what's with the prestige tool?
I got mine brand new (08' royal-fizz blue) and didn't get no prestige tool. Should i be mad at someone?

SpottedBeaver

Ancient Mariner
Reaction score
Ibanez started including the prestige tool with, I think, the 2010 & 2011 models. The guy I got this one from only had it for about a month, so it's brand new. It's a multi-tool with some hex wrenches, screwdrivers, a feeler gauge/ruler and a war hammer from the Viking gods. Pretty neat little tool for general guitar maintenance.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
Yeah, the Prestige tool only would have started being shipped with guitars a bit through 2010. I'm tempted to just buy the tool itself, as it looks very handy.

Congrats man, hope you enjoy having it, I'm very sad to see my own 1527 go :(

exordium

Reaction score
Congrats! Happy NGD, looks like a killer guitar!

Since you have both the RG1527Z and the RGD2127Z, how would you compare the two? I'm having a very tough time choosing one of the two, I can only pick one. And they both look like amazing instruments.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Ibanez: How do we make ppl actually like black as a finish??? We'll make it rare! Brilliant! :lol:

EDIT: Oops... I see a ZR trem. I fail...

SpottedBeaver

Ancient Mariner
Reaction score
Since you have both the RG1527Z and the RGD2127Z, how would you compare the two? I'm having a very tough time choosing one of the two, I can only pick one. And they both look like amazing instruments.

I've only spent a few days with the 1527 so far. My initial impressions are that there isn't a huge difference. The necks are slightly different. I think that has more to do with the scale lengths between the two.

The 2127 has a 26.6" scale and the 1527 has a 25.5" scale. Because of the scale differnce, the 2127 is better suited for drop tuning. I have switched between one full step down (ADGCFAD) and drop G/drop C (GCGCFAD) on the 2127. I intend to keep the 1527 in standard tuning.

Both have similar pickups. They're not too bad for stock, but then, they are the Ibanez stock. I'm going to change them, I just haven't decided on them yet.

So, it depends a bit on what you want to do. The 1527 retails about 200 less than the 2127. If I had to pick only one, I would probably get the 1527 and spend the extra 200 on new pups. But then, I got both because I want to do two completely different things to each one and this one was a great deal that I just couldn't pass up. Oh, and I guess because I could. :D

')