NGD (Ibanez 1527 | Pics Included)

• Thread starter SpottedBeaver
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

astm

Reaction score
nice guitar!

hey, do those extra springs you have there came with the gutiar? :O

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

exordium

Reaction score
So, it depends a bit on what you want to do. The 1527 retails about 200 less than the 2127. If I had to pick only one, I would probably get the 1527 and spend the extra 200 on new pups. But then, I got both because I want to do two completely different things to each one and this one was a great deal that I just couldn't pass up. Oh, and I guess because I could. :D

I'll probably go with the 1527, yeah. And use the extra cash for the CL7/LF7 combo. :hbang:

Congrats again, and thanks. :yesway:

Vicissitude27

Reaction score
Thats pure sex right there, I'll tell you what.

Happy NGD! :)

wade_mcbeath

Reaction score
Happy NGD dude, how are you liking the ZR trems? I've got an older 1527 with the edge pro. Is it easier to set up the ZR at all?

SpottedBeaver

Ancient Mariner
Reaction score
Happy NGD dude, how are you liking the ZR trems? I've got an older 1527 with the edge pro. Is it easier to set up the ZR at all?

I really like the ZR trem. It's really easy to set up and restringing is easy, when the ZPS springs are in there. I tend to get a little heavy on the bridge when I'm palm muting and the trem will go just a tad out of tune when I do that. It's a bad habbit I'm trying to break. It comes from using a hard tail before. The ZR holds the tuning better.

I might just keep the ZPS in the 2127 and remove it in the 1527 for some old fashioned trem wankage. I'll have to experiment with it.

Dayn

Reaction score
I'm tempted to get a new prestige just for that tool alone.

It'd be an excellent excuse for a new Ibanez. :yesway:

mountainjam

Reaction score
Sweet guitar dude. However Im confused about this zr talk, I don't see one on your guitar. Looks like an edge pro or something with a jack knife pivot. No ball bearings. :scratch:

Edit* just went to the ibanez site, its an edge zero.

SpottedBeaver

Ancient Mariner
Reaction score
It's actually the Edge Zero. Sorry, I was having a brain fart and I shouldn't have been calling it a ZR. Not enough coffee yet. :coffee:

EDIT: The edit ninja gets me.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
very nice!
I used to dislike solid balck RGs but now that I have a black 7620 they are slowly growing on me.
that thing is really shiny

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Congrats on an awesome guitar!

Thanks for those pictures, they look great!

Did you install the stud lock screws on the Edge Zero?

I still haven't installed them on my EZ's, still not sure if I will (kinda afraid of taking off all strings and removing the Tremolo unit.....).

SpottedBeaver

Ancient Mariner
Reaction score
No, I haven't put the stud locks in. I don't think I'm going to. Honestly, I'm not sure what benefit it would give me.

Reaction score
sweet guitar dude.......and the pics are seriously amazing
:hbang::bowdown::hbang:

btw...i just wanted to know...does the 1527 have a bolt-on neck or is it neck-thru????
because there's no info about that on the ibby website..

SpottedBeaver

Ancient Mariner
Reaction score
I couldn't pass it up. I've also found that I've been playing the 1527 more than my others.

I took the ZPS bar out of this one and it plays perfect now. I just need to look for some pickups for this one. Since my 2127 needs new pups and I'm also looking to get an amp, I'll wait a little bit.

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
congrats dude, sweet guitar.

I had a solid black one several years back, when music123 had a run of them, it was an awesome playing guitar...let that one go for the wrong reasons

I have a 1527m now, also a great player...need to get some different pups in it, but the stock ones haven't ruined the guitar for me or anything

')