NGD Ibanez Apex100

• Thread starter LetsKillKevy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LetsKillKevy

Reaction score
It's been a loooong time since I've been able share a ngd and this is a little belated as I've had the guitar for a few weeks now, but better late than never.
I got the guitar from Rich over at Ibanezrules as a "second stock" guitar but aside from a small chip in the finish the guitar is just about perfect. This was my first experience buying anything from Rich and I must say I really enjoyed the personal touch of having to communicate with him personally and he seemed to be a really nice guy. My apologies if I scooped this up out from under any of you, but I just had to have it. I know this is a feeling shared by many here and she looks great next to my 1527 ... A question to those of you that own this guitar, or have owned it, and taken off the pick guard( I haven't gotten into the guts of this one yet ) would there be room to install a duncan bridge pickup without doing any additional routing?

PICS:
TdrmbIW.jpg

sHgQAaQ.jpg

2d823mJ.jpg

wLtcNyn.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

77zark77

Reaction score
One of the best axe I own (around 7 o'clock) ! Congratulations ! :yesway: :)

Quality and fun are here :shred:

Splenetic

Reaction score
This is one of those sig models that transcend the artist.....Like, honestly even if I loathed Korn (i don't) I'd be drooling over this axe.....as I am now.

Congrats! Looks amazing.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Congrats!
I have never played one of these, but IMO these are among the nicest looking Ibanez 7's. Too bad they were discontinued.

PBGas

Reaction score
I regret selling the one I had a few years back. Congrats to you! I can't see you having an issue putting in an SD passive humbucker in there. From what I recall, you will probably only have to cut the tabs on the new pickup slightly to have it fit into the route. I don't remember clearly though as it was a while when I took off the pickguard on mine when I had it.

I really liked the Blaze pickups in the alder body.

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
Rich is awesome and that guitar is on the long list... Congrats!

LetsKillKevy

Reaction score
Beautiful! Any sounds clips yet??

Nothing yet as I'm sans recording equipment, but I'm working on putting something together by the middle of next year or so, I could just go through the line6 x3 live into audacity but to be honest I've never gotten a tone out of it that I really liked and it just wouldn't do this guitar any justice.

Apollo240

Reaction score
Nothing yet as I'm sans recording equipment, but I'm working on putting something together by the middle of next year or so, I could just go through the line6 x3 live into audacity but to be honest I've never gotten a tone out of it that I really liked and it just wouldn't do this guitar any justice.

I use my iPhone headphones and garageband lol. Youre right though, it doesn't do the guitar near justice, but then again my amp doesn't really do it either.

I did play a Jem7v7, alder body 7 string, blaze pups. OMG the sustain and tone was amazing. I swear the 24th fret on the high E wouldn't stop ringing until I muted it. Amazing....

LetsKillKevy

Reaction score
I use my iPhone headphones and garageband lol. Youre right though, it doesn't do the guitar near justice, but then again my amp doesn't really do it either.

I did play a Jem7v7, alder body 7 string, blaze pups. OMG the sustain and tone was amazing. I swear the 24th fret on the high E wouldn't stop ringing until I muted it. Amazing....

I would have to agree. The blaze does sound pretty d@mn good in an alder bodied guitar. Very thumpy but still clear and articulate. Very unlike most of the opinions of the blaze that I've read previously. I've got a 6505 going through an orange 2-12, tube screamer, mxr comp( don't use it much )and boss ns-2 up front and the line 6 in the loop for its noise gate, eq, delay, reverb etc. sounds great to my ear in the room and I'm absolutely dying to hear it in a mix. Hurry up Christmas bonus lol. 😈

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
If I was to get another seven that one has practically my "dream features" (ie, H-S and trem) which are not that common so it would likely be the one.

LetsKillKevy

Reaction score
As promised now that I've finally got. Little recording setup put together I made my first ever mic'd amp ( 6505 ) recording :) and I'm in love. First shot at it sounds light years better than anything I've ever done with amp sims.

Signal chain:
Ibanez Apex 100
Boss ns2
Ibanez ts9
Peavey 6505/ orange ppc 212( celestion v 30 )
Shure sm57
Focusrite scarlett 2i4
Presonus studio one2

jfI5TT9.png

5Esq1Xm.png

This the best I can do for a sound clip at the moment as I don't have Internet but I'll try to get some stuff on soundcloud in the future. No drum bst at the moment either...
http://youtu.be/QMCGwoHJnEw

')