NGD: Ibanez APEX100TFB (lots of pics)

Augminished

Augminished Studio
Reaction score
:wavey:

I posted this thread yesterday http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sevenstring-guitars/193330-korn-7-new-seven-string.html asking if I should buy this:

pxStU.jpg

MNB80.jpg

AqqTP.jpg

UBD2u.jpg

zfnko.jpg

xdRlt.jpg

ZAGVk.jpg

Well, I did! Overall I really do love this one. It plays brilliantly and sounds even better. Really like the single in the neck. It makes for awesome cleans. The U bar is a little funky but I guess if I want to act like a Munky and jump up and down it works :lol:

I won't say how much I paid but I will say it was about half what they were asking plus tax.

I know the dudes in Korn so I might be able to get it signed! :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
Jeeeeesus christ, it's even better in personal pictures than ads. Beautiful.

oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
The action is absurd! You must be so proud of that thing, HNGD!!

Augminished

Augminished Studio
Reaction score
how does the single 7 sound i ive never heard one

It sounds really good. Very bright cleans. Its an alder body so think strat type tone. It works really well when playing the seventh string. Why don't more company's make 7's with a single coil in the neck???

I wish it was a little warmer though. Especially because it is neck pickup and there is no tone knob.

Augminished

Augminished Studio
Reaction score
HOW DID YOU GET THIS DEAL

I was playing a RGD2127z at the same shop and the neck was royally fucked up. They thought that they were going to make a $1500 sale and when they figured out that it was messed up I guess they felt bad (I really have no other explanation as to why they would sell it at cost). I honestly went in there for a pickup and to kill time because my class was cancelled.

They had this guitar for awhile and I guess needed to unload it. You have to know the right peeps. :cool:

It was really just dumb luck. :lol:

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Congrats! :yesway:

That is one if the sexiest Ibanez 7s IMO!:bowdown:

The modern RG shape with the more traditional sunburst and the pickguard is just classy!!!!soo nice!!!

Happy New Guitar Day!:wavey:

AborteD

Reaction score
It actually looks better than the pics in the ads, nice score.

Augminished

Augminished Studio
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I am really digging it. The trem is just peer sex. I used to hate them. Then I got my jp-6 and I was able to stand them and now :yesway::yesway::yesway:.

It only took a ton of money to get me to like them :lol:

')