NGD: Ibanez DCM100 Dino Cazares Sig w/ lots of Photos and Clips!

• Thread starter simonXsludge
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
Oi!

There isn't much need to introduce this guitar around these parts. If there is one place in the world where people constantly dreamed of a Dino sig, then it's sevenstring.org, hahaha. So here it is, I actually got it yesterday.

Upon arrival:

DCM100_01.jpg

But to me a NGD ain't the same without treating the guitar a little bit, so today started off like this:

DCM100_02.jpg

After changing the tuning pegs to white pearl ones I moved on to the fretboard. Before:

DCM100_03.jpg

Nice streaking, but it was a little dry. After conditioning and all:

DCM100_03_1.jpg

Let's move on to showing off the guitar as a whole:

DCM100_04.jpg

DCM100_05.jpg

DCM100_06.jpg

DCM100_07.jpg

DCM100_08.jpg

DCM100_09.jpg

DCM100_10.jpg

DCM100_11.jpg

DCM100_12.jpg

DCM100_13.jpg

DCM100_14.jpg

DCM100_15.jpg

Getting the DCM100 was quite important to me, since I actually started playing the guitar because of Fear Factory's Demanufacture and Obsolete about 15 years ago. I loved Dino's super tight staccato riffing, it seemed like magic to me when I was a kid and it made me wanna play guitar in a Metal band. So getting this axe was a no-brainer to me.

The DCM100 plays great. It's a bit on the heavy side and sounds very lound and full when it's not plugged in. I love the 3-piece neck - it looks great and the profile and finish are immaculate. To be completely honest, though - I'm not very impressed with the pickups. On the upside, they don't sound too compressed and have a very massive single note and open string attack, but all in all I find them a bit too thick in the low end. I'm pretty sure it works perfect with Dino's tone, but I guess I'm just really more of a passive guy.

Either way, I recorded some clips:

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/sludgestudios/riff-i-seymour-duncan-retribution-7[/SC]

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/sludgestudios/riff-ii-seymour-duncan-retribution-7[/SC]

If you feel like comparing them to a bunch of other 7-string pickups, tune into my 7-string pickup shootout:

https://soundcloud.com/sludgestudios/sets/7-string-pickup-shootout

Enjoy!
:shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
That is just so damn good looking!

Congrats Simon! I'm glad it finally arrived. And the pearl tuning buttons were a nice touch. :metal:

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
I am so glad that I have an RGD. It'd be awesome putting the regular "Invisible Shadow" colored RGD next to the DCM. Gray and maroon just work!

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Those are awesome and the pearl buttons look great on there! :wub: Congrsts Simon! :D

P.S. Clips were cool too! Thanks for posting those, I was curious to hear the pickup beyond Dino's demo. ;)

Coma Cluster Void

Reaction score
btw., I just notice that your photography skills went from "very nice" to "aweom-o".

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Your clips popped up on my SC feed, and my first thought was 'I hope he did a NGD on SSO'.

Glad it showed and that you love it man. Pickup sounds good, but I hear what you're talking about in the low end for the stuff you do.

HNGD!

aneurysm

Type o´Negative
Reaction score
HNGD Simon, btw you made some killer Pics !
I know i repeat myself but it would be perfect without the Trem and a Neck PU !

Sebastian

Reaction score
Big congrats man! The photos came out pretty amazing! :metal:

dedsouth333

That one dude...
Reaction score
I'm normally not much of a fan of pearl stuff but I do have to say, they look fantasic on that guitar. Congrats and HNGD!

HRC51

Reaction score
Nice sound clips. I'm surprised Ibanez did not wait until NAMM, then make people wait more for these.

Classy and brutal!

PBGas

Reaction score
Beautiful! Love you you made it your own! I would love to get one of these but I need 2 humbuckers for my applications.

Latest posts

')