NGD: Ibanez JBM100

• Thread starter novocaine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
ytia.gif

guitarmadillo

Son of Popsyche7
Reaction score
Been waiting for an NGD since Jake's. This is pretty much my dream Ibanez right here. Do tell how it is!

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
It's so perfect except for that font on the truss rod cover (yes, that is my only nitpick).

novocaine

Reaction score
Thanks all for your kind comments.

First off, Jake, it's a damn fine guitar. So glad it has your name on it. You're more than worthy!

I wanted this when it was first announced. No reservations, had to have it.
Spent a whole night with it. As already mentioned, Rich did a sweet job in setting this guitar up. Action is perfect. Honestly I'm not used to playing action this low cos I'm quite heavy handed but I love it. It's beyond easy to play.
I didn't change the string gauge, left it as is in drop C. I'm not one to bother about fret buzz, to me it's almost inevitable when you go so lowand play hard. But this guitar plays so well string to string, fret to fret. Having said that, it's very subjective and personal so I'll jut leave 'playing well' to my own interpretation.

The Titan pickups sound really great and even if they didn't, they're worth their own weight in THAT gold. Very articulate pickups. I compare it with the dominions I have on a iceman. Each is good in their own ways and I think such pickups are made for 6 string guitars.

And man, that satin finish! I really hate to gloss it on the areas I rest my palm and fingers but it'll happen over time I'm sure. Well, a guitar is meant to be played.

And the thing that really got me was the binding. It's beautiful. It's not just some wood binding, the colour perfectly complements the overall look. The subtle grain on that thin strip is really pleasing to look at.

So there you have it. I'll try to get a sound clip sometime but In the meantime go to your nearest guitar store and try one out. It's really that yummy.

Kunu

Reaction score
Nice, very nice! If it ever comes 7 string version of this I would take couple :)

JakePeriphery

who callin my phone?
Reaction score
Thanks all for your kind comments.

First off, Jake, it's a damn fine guitar. So glad it has your name on it. You're more than worthy!

I wanted this when it was first announced. No reservations, had to have it.
Spent a whole night with it. As already mentioned, Rich did a sweet job in setting this guitar up. Action is perfect. Honestly I'm not used to playing action this low cos I'm quite heavy handed but I love it. It's beyond easy to play.
I didn't change the string gauge, left it as is in drop C. I'm not one to bother about fret buzz, to me it's almost inevitable when you go so lowand play hard. But this guitar plays so well string to string, fret to fret. Having said that, it's very subjective and personal so I'll jut leave 'playing well' to my own interpretation.

The Titan pickups sound really great and even if they didn't, they're worth their own weight in THAT gold. Very articulate pickups. I compare it with the dominions I have on a iceman. Each is good in their own ways and I think such pickups are made for 6 string guitars.

And man, that satin finish! I really hate to gloss it on the areas I rest my palm and fingers but it'll happen over time I'm sure. Well, a guitar is meant to be played.

And the thing that really got me was the binding. It's beautiful. It's not just some wood binding, the colour perfectly complements the overall look. The subtle grain on that thin strip is really pleasing to look at.

So there you have it. I'll try to get a sound clip sometime but In the meantime go to your nearest guitar store and try one out. It's really that yummy.

Thanks for all the nice comments, really happy you're enjoying it. I'm so happy with how it turned out - it's exactly what I dreamed up in my head.

katsumura78

Reaction score
I'm about to order one through Sweetwater ! I knew when I saw this beast announced I basically "had to have it" .

MoshJosh

Reaction score
^^^ only the coolest guitar tool ever, the very same tool Ibanez has forgotten to include in every Prestige I've ever purchased!!!

also HNGD op, looks killer!

Latest posts

')