NGD: Ibanez LACS RGA7 - JB1

• Thread starter JakePeriphery
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JakePeriphery

who callin my phone?
Reaction score
Hey guys just want to show off this bad mamma-mumma that arrived at my front door today. I specced out this guitar with the help of my peers and I'm really REALLY happy with how it came out anyway some vitals:

RGA 7-string 25.5 inch scale Alder Body with Maple top

Rosewood Fretboard (dyed black)

14-16" radius fretboard, not sure hehe

24 Dunlop 6000 stainless steel frets

DiMarzio Crunch Lab 7 (bridge)

DiMarzio LiquiFire 7 (neck)

Everything is painted a matte pewter gray and all the hardware has a satin finish. It plays amazing and I definitely need to thank Mike Taft at Ibanez as well as the dude who built it because it is the best guitar I've ever played. I also want to point out that I specced out this guitar from the perspective of a minimalist, I'm not really into fancy tops or finishes, everything I own tends to be varying shades of gray or black. I'm also very neat-freakish and very much into modern design so I tried to bring out that aspect of my personality in this guitar.

EDIT: One REALLY important feature I forgot to mention is that the bridge is not floating - it's blocked so I can have a locking nut and fine tuners but no floating trem. Like a RG2228 fixed edge bridge.

If you're trying to check out this guitar in person, tickets and tour dates can be found here: http://www.darkesthour.cc/

Here are some pics:

RGA7_JB1001.jpg

RGA7_JB1006.jpg

RGA7_JB1002.jpg

RGA7_JB1005.jpg

RGA7_JB1003.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's always nice seeing more LACS!

Congrats!!!

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
CLASSY AND AWESOME! You definitely deserve it. :agreed:

Also when does Alex get his?

prh

Plini
Reaction score
sweet as. now we need to hear it!!

btw what is 'LA0037'? youre the 37th person to get a custom? (im guessing not :scratch:)

AntiTankDog

Reaction score
That shore is purty...

Is it bolt-on? Does Ibanez make any neck thru guitars?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is it bolt-on? Does Ibanez make any neck thru guitars?

It was his custom shop guitar, if he wanted anything other than bolt-on he could have gotten it. The LACS will make pretty much anything. :lol:

Ibanez has made many neck-thru customs, as well as production guitars. Just search for "RGT"s.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Congrats bro :yesway:

I removed the photo showing the LACS serial # and stamp to prevent online searchers from copying the stamp and maybe your serial number. This is just to prevent fakes and whatever from being sold.

JakePeriphery

who callin my phone?
Reaction score
Congrats bro :yesway:

I removed the photo showing the LACS serial # and stamp to prevent online searchers from copying the stamp and maybe your serial number. This is just to prevent fakes and whatever from being sold.

Oh thanks, I didn't realize that's a thing, people suck.

apiss

Reaction score
Awesome guitar, man! It seems like them Periphery guys are on an awesome-as-shit NGD frenzy!

Latest posts

')