NGD - Ibanez LACS Seafoam Content

Chasethebreather

Reaction score
Just recieved this thing a couple weeks ago. It's a 3520ZE that was made for me at the LA shop with a custom seafoam paint job, trem blocked both ways, neck glued and some other small tweaks. I'll shut up and let the pics speak for themselves. Thanks Ibanez for another badass beauty!

s1347.photobucket.com/user/Chasethebreather/media/image_zpsf6b41c0c.jpg.html]
image_zpsf6b41c0c.jpg
[/URL]
s1347.photobucket.com/user/Chasethebreather/media/image_zps784bd1e5.jpg.html]
image_zps784bd1e5.jpg
[/URL]
http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/Chasethebreather/media/image_zps80565c5f.jpg.html]
image_zps80565c5f.jpg
[/URL]
zps60db6b03.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
s1347.photobucket.com/user/Chasethebreather/media/image_zps60db6b03.jpg.html]
image_zps60db6b03.jpg
[/URL]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SandyRavage

Reaction score
Nice dude.....looks like Pats from FFAA shenanigans that he specced without the pickguard.

Chasethebreather

Reaction score
Do you notice any difference with the glued neck?

I've noticed a huuuuge difference in a live setting. When I'm playing at home or rehearsing, it doesn't make a difference if it's glued or not but when we go out on tour and play every night and I'm throwing it around a lot, I find myself having to tune A LOT more than I should have to. When we started gluing them, the need to tune really decreased.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
You already know how I feel about this one and that color :yesway:

Still gotta play it haha

Chuck

Reaction score
.... yeah :yesway:

I wish they made a RG2228 in seafoam green with a pearloid pickguard and a maple board.

Gawd that would be hawt.

EDIT: Also, Collet knobs? Yes please, very nice touch

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
so... let me get this straight. It's like a bolt-on neck plus glue or...?

Chasethebreather

Reaction score
so... let me get this straight. It's like a bolt-on neck plus glue or...?

Yes. There is actually a decent amount of give in the neck pocket so gluing them makes them completely rigid, helping to keep it in tune during intense live sets. You obviously wouldn't really be able to ever take the neck off. But that's not an issue for me.

Chasethebreather

Reaction score
.... yeah :yesway:

I wish they made a RG2228 in seafoam green with a pearloid pickguard and a maple board.

Gawd that would be hawt.

EDIT: Also, Collet knobs? Yes please, very nice touch

They're actually just the stock knobs that come on the current higher end Prestiges!

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
Gorgeous.

I'm curious about the trem blocking though. Rather than blocking a floating trem both ways, why not just go with a fixed bridge?

DanakinSkywalker

Reaction score
Awesome guitar man!! That's definitely one of my favorite colors in the world. Woooof.

Gorgeous.

I'm curious about the trem blocking though. Rather than blocking a floating trem both ways, why not just go with a fixed bridge?

Some people actually prefer the feel and comfort of a tremolo bridge as opposed to most fixed bridges. I don't know if that's the case here though.

Chasethebreather

Reaction score
Gorgeous.

I like having the potential to make it float if I want to. Also since I change string gauges often, it eliminates the need to file out the nut and then being stuck with one nut thickness. The double locking nut accommodates any string size and adds to the tuning stability. And I've always loved the way an edge zero felt under my palm.

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
Very cool man, I don't usually like seafoam but after seeing it on the Vai signature - and now this - I think I've been won over! That thing looks awesome, very jealous. Oh, and loving the new single too. :)

')