NGD: Ibanez Nylon 7 string

OWHall

young scoundrel
Reaction score
Hi guys,
pretty nice NGD today with something a little unusual I suppose, my new Ibanez g207cwc.
I've wanted to get a seven string classical for a while as I write a lot of music that would suit the sound and I've finally picked one up.
First impressions, looks stunning to me. Really nice looking and feeling guitar. The fret work is great and it has totally solid construction (not putting it in the same league as my strandberg as that would be unfair). It sounds fantastic too. Given the price point especially it is a really well balanced instrument in terms of tone/volume over the range.
The specs are as follows;
mahogany back/sides/neck
rosewood fretboad
German Spruce top
That's about all I remember off the top of my head so just ask if you want me to check extra stuff.
To conclude, totally stoked hahaha.
Now, pictures...
DSC_0097_zpsq6cywxrw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0096_zpsxll3pwf0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0095_zpsjuon9p3d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0094_zpsu4yjuxux.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0098_zps14o2b3rb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Thanks for checking out the thread, I'll try to post some video/sound clips at some point soon!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

knagy0325

Reaction score
That looks really cool! Didn`t know it existed, but I`d love to try it out. HNGD!

OWHall

young scoundrel
Reaction score
That looks really cool! Didn`t know it existed, but I`d love to try it out. HNGD!

Thank you!
Slight update that might be worth considering for potential buyers... string packs for this thing are not that easy to come by hahaha.
They are out there but you have to dig a bit :lol:

Given To Fly

Reaction score
Thank you!
Slight update that might be worth considering for potential buyers... string packs for this thing are not that easy to come by hahaha.
They are out there but you have to dig a bit :lol:

Congrats on the new guitar! Out of all the guitars Ibanez has released in the past few years, this one is the most significant in my opinion. :2c:

Regarding strings, no "brick and mortar" store will have nylon strings for a 7 string guitar. However, there are a few online stores, such as stringsbymail.com and juststrings.com, that will have packs available. Off the top of my head, LaBella and Pyramid are the two companies that make 7 string packs. Your other option is to buy standard packs and then buy singles for the 7th string. For example, I recently ordered a few packs of D'Addario Pro Arte Carbon strings (Normal Tension) with .54 gauge wound singles for the 7th string. I ordered them through stringsbymail.com and they should hopefully arrive tomorrow.

Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions about strings for 7 string classical guitars.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
*EDIT - Duh, nevermind. I see the highest three strings are nylon. Derp.