NGD: IBANEZ PGM100

• Thread starter MaxSwagger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxSwagger

Reaction score
I was browsing Guitar Center's used section and stumbled upon a listing for an "Ibanez PGM401" in "Fair" condition for $399 with no picture available. Naturally, I got pretty damn exited and called the store it was at. Had the the associate describe the guitar to me and it became clear, pretty quickly, that he was describing a PGM100 instead of a 401. This actually made me more excited as I have wanted a PGM100 since I got into old school RG's. I ordered the hell out of it but was a bit skeptical due to it's "fair" condition and lack of a picture. Well, it arrived yesterday and while it does have it's fair share of cosmetic issues, everything is in perfect working order and appears to be 100% stock. I live in Iowa and it's as cold as it is boring here so I was shocked to find the thing in tune. Basically had to have my boss pry it from my hands so I'd get back to work. Got it cleaned and set up that night and the rest is history. This PGM, my RG550, and RG750 just feel like "home" to me when it comes to guitars and I can't wait to see what old school Ibanez will join the family next. I've been very fortunate with buying/selling/trading guitars in my life but this one takes the cake, because if it wasn't awesome enough that I got one of my "dream guitars", I finally got a guitar that was created the same year I was ('91). The Christmas is merry as hell, homies.

TL/DR: PGM is nice. I love PGM.

Dem necks got mojo for days.

Thanks for looking!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
NGD: IBANEZ CAPSLOCK100!

I jest. :D That thing is super awesome, man. Nice snag.

hamster

Reaction score
AWESOME !!! This guitar is really great !
the color is just gorgeous !
bravo !

Le Jeff

Reaction score
I need one of those to go with my HAM90 and my Ibanez collection would be complete. HNGD fo'sho :D

Metlupass2

Reaction score
Steal of a deal! Congrats!

I take it you work at a mattress store and bring your guitars to work with you?

Reaction score
"Cosmetic Issues?" Naw man, that guitar just has a lil more character than others haha. Seriously awesome guitar though, with a great story behind it. HNGD!!

Khoi

Reaction score
Nice!! I used to own one, the PGM100 was actually my first "good" guitar as a matter of fact. I went on to own a PGM500 as well which I liked more than the PGM100, but it's still a super unique and fun guitar

MaxSwagger

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words!

Steal of a deal! Congrats!

I take it you work at a mattress store and bring your guitars to work with you?

I work at an appliance, tv, bedding, furniture, and a bunch of other stuff store. Small town family business. They let me use a section of the tv warehouse to jam in.

')