NGD: Ibanez Premium RG7

• Thread starter simonXsludge
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Elijah

Reaction score
Nice score. I didn't even klnow these were available yet. Clips are a must!

littledoc

Go meat!
Reaction score
I'm curious, since you have both the 1527 and the Premium, how the Edge Zero II compares to the original Edge Zero.

Congrats though, these are great guitars for the price and I'm sure it'll sing after the pup swap.

MetalMike04

Lefty cursed...
Reaction score
418025.jpg

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
I'm curious, since you have both the 1527 and the Premium, how the Edge Zero II compares to the original Edge Zero.

Congrats though, these are great guitars for the price and I'm sure it'll sing after the pup swap.

The 1527 he has doesn't have an Edge Zero, it's an Edge Pro.

atimoc

deus ex machina
Contributor
Reaction score
The 1527 he has doesn't have an Edge Zero, it's an Edge Pro.

Depends on the year, at least in Europe the first batch of the maple 1527s came with the Edge Pro, and the second with Edge Zero.

quaned

Reaction score
Damn, those are some tasty guitars you have there!
Nice rg827 :D and also nice 1527, the combination of the white pickups, and the maple reminds me of a pgm :haha:

HNGD! :cheers:

Syriel

owns a .strandberg*
Reaction score
Why isn't that model on the Ibanez website?

What's the deal?

Congrats!

It's because Ibanez knows that if they put it on their site, too many people will start ordering it from its pure awesomeness, and would lead to a factory breakdown and massive tree massacre due to the backlog of orders it will acquire. :lol:

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
That looks every bit as nice as I had hoped it would, BUT- the glossy cear on the back of the headstock seems to come to an abrupt halt about halfway up the volute. Is that an illusion or is it so?

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
Why isn't that model on the Ibanez website?

What's the deal?

Congrats!
Thanks!

So here's what I know: Those were originally supposed to come out in 2012, according to my contact at Meinl, who are their distributor over here in Germany. Surprisingly, dealers in the EU announced them for september 2011 shortly after and here they are.

Thomann lists them as a 60th Anniversary Meinl Limited Edition, for example. They are on none of the Ibanez websites yet, and also weren't listed amongst the new arrivals Ibanez announced for Europe a few weeks ago.

Could be, that they still won't be coming out until 2012 / after NAMM everywhere else outside Europe.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
If they made an RGD Premium like this I would hands-down buy another one! The quality seems pretty decent on these especially for the price/features ratio. :yesway: Congrats man, looks gorgeous! :D

Murmel

Reaction score
shitsøn;2670352 said:
Thanks!

So here's what I know: Those were originally supposed to come out in 2012, according to my contact at Meinl, who are their distributor over here in Germany. Surprisingly, dealers in the EU announced them for september 2011 shortly after and here they are.

Thomann lists them as a 60th Anniversary Meinl Limited Edition, for example. They are on none of the Ibanez websites yet, and also weren't listed amongst the new arrivals Ibanez announced for Europe a few weeks ago.

Could be, that they still won't be coming out until 2012 / after NAMM everywhere else outside Europe.
After I've sent my Viper 7 to PLEK, this will definitely be my next Thomann purchase :metal:

')