NGD: Ibanez Premium RG7

• Thread starter simonXsludge
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
shitsøn;2682637 said:
Basically, yes. This also raised it a little at the very back end of the neck in the neck pocket. Now it's all good.

Thanks!
So they just put like a thin slightly v-shaped inlay in the neck pocket to do this?

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
A buddy of mine came over with his awesome cam and I thought more and better photos of the guitar wouldn't hurt. More guitar pr0n is always good, right? There you go:

RG7PremiumDSLR1.jpg

RG7PremiumDSLR2.jpg

RG7PremiumDSLR3.jpg

RG7PremiumDSLR4.jpg

RG7PremiumDSLR5.jpg

RG7PremiumDSLR6.jpg

RG7PremiumDSLR7.jpg

RG7PremiumDSLR8.jpg

RG7PremiumDSLR9.jpg

Enjoy!

Santuzzo

Reaction score
shitsøn;2683412 said:
A buddy of mine came over with his awesome cam and I thought more and better photos of the guitar wouldn't hurt. More guitar pr0n is always good, right?

Enjoy!

:scream: man, thanks for adding to my GAS.....

Great pics, that thing looks gorgeous:yesway:

powergroover

monster death chunk
Reaction score
you bought two at once :eek:
so premiums comes in 7 strings now :hbang: and yeah this is hella classy :shred:

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
every Ibby 7 I've ever owned (except for 1) has needed a neck shim (even my J-custom).
that's a very common thing with bolt ons I wouldn't worry about that.
How's it play now that it's set up , that's what we want to know

shadowlife

Contributor
Reaction score
I normally don't dig red guitars, but that thing is beautiful.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
every Ibby 7 I've ever owned (except for 1) has needed a neck shim (even my J-custom).
that's a very common thing with bolt ons I wouldn't worry about that.
How's it play now that it's set up , that's what we want to know
Oh word. I never had to do that with any of my other Ibbys, so I got a bit confused. The guitar plays great now. I still have to fine tune the action a bit, I think, but it works well for me.

now that you have it set-up and had a PU change: how does it compare to your RG1527M?
I found out, that I prefer the sound of the DA7 set, compared to the Evo7. The D Activators are a tad tighter and clearer, especially on the lowest strings, while the Evolution can get a little muddy. The difference is anything but huge, but I think I'll swop the Evo for a D Activator soon.

The setup on my RG1527 is a hair better, but that's nothing, one couldn't work out with a bit of adjustment. Bottom line is, I love them both and the Prestige is not immensely superior. I'd recommend it!

Santuzzo

Reaction score
shitsøn;2683835 said:
Oh word. I never had to do that with any of my other Ibbys, so I got a bit confused. The guitar plays great now. I still have to fine tune the action a bit, I think, but it works well for me.

I found out, that I prefer the sound of the DA7 set, compared to the Evo7. The D Activators are a tad tighter and clearer, especially on the lowest strings, while the Evolution can get a little muddy. The difference is anything but huge, but I think I'll swop the Evo for a D Activator soon.

The setup on my RG1527 is a hair better, but that's nothing, one couldn't work out with a bit of adjustment. Bottom line is, I love them both and the Prestige is not immensely superior. I'd recommend it!

Thanks ! :yesway:
Sounds very good. Now I really want one:agreed:

Tisca

Big-tube snob
Reaction score
It's up on ibanez.com now.

Wondering about the quality on the hardware. Is it exactly as good/bad as what you'd expect from a 800€ guitar? I'm unfamiliar with the Edge Zero II and the DiMarzio pickups. Anyone have any input on these? Quality issues I've heard here are unacceptable for a 800€ IMO.

I'm mostly used to Japanese ESP level quality and looking at this model for a first 7 stringer. Haven't used a trem since my first guitar either but might be fun.

Neck Material: 5pc Maple/ Walnut
Neck Type: WIzard-7 Premium
Body: American Basswood body/ Quilted maple top
Frets: Jumbo frets
Fingerboard: Bound Rosewood
Inlay: Off-set dot inlay
Bridge: Edge Zero II-7 w/ZPS3Fe
NeckPU: DiMarzio® IBZ-7N
BridgePU: DiMarzio® IBZ-7B
HW Color: CK
Finishes: RDT

stretcher7

Reaction score
Got my hands on one today. It plays as good as a Universe. Plays WAY better than any Ibby I've ever played right out of the box. Kind of astonished actually.

Phlegethon

Reaction score
there's one thing that I'm a bit curious about ... why would ibanez put V series pickups in their 1527 while the lower end RG927 gets the dimarzio/ibz pickups, which to the best of my knowledge are american made dimarzios that get spec'd by ibanez (ernie ball does this as well last time I was aware with some of their guitars)?

this isn't a knock on the V's by any stretch as I have a pair in my seven ... but wouldn't you want to use what would be your higher end pickups on your higher end guitars? I also might be missing information and the dimarzio/ibz pickups may have taken the duncan designed route though so if someone knew for sure then clarity on this would be appreicated

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
On the European site the fretboard radius says 400mm, on the US site it says 430mm ?!:scratch:

I suppose the 400mm on the European site is a mistake?
I'd guess, it's the other way around. None of the Indonesian crafted Ibbys have a 430mm radius, that goes for the entire Premium series as well. I can't imagine this to be different with the RG927 only.

')